BoObs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Insane Model Changes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sederinn

Sederinn

Insane Model Changes Empty
PostSubject: Insane Model Changes   Insane Model Changes EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 5:30 pm

Back to top Go down
Symitri

Symitri

PostSubject: Re: Insane Model Changes   Insane Model Changes EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 5:42 pm

Its actually against ToS to model change, and has been since at least AQ. You can do it but there's a chance of being banned for it Razz Note: Chance. Not everybody who does gets banned but I've never thought it was worth the risk.
Back to top Go down
Sederinn

Sederinn

PostSubject: Re: Insane Model Changes   Insane Model Changes EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 6:08 pm

mmm true, but it's only against ToS if it gives you an unfair advantage over other players and sym....

Insane Model Changes Normal_630001028

oh and btw i changed my

Armored Brown Bear > Black Qiraji Battle Tank

isn't that fuckin awesome? the black qiraji battle tank!!!
Back to top Go down
Sederinn

Sederinn

PostSubject: Re: Insane Model Changes   Insane Model Changes EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 6:13 pm

No wait sym not double...triple!!!

Insane Model Changes Triple
Back to top Go down
Symitri

Symitri

PostSubject: Re: Insane Model Changes   Insane Model Changes EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 6:27 pm

If you knew how it worked, you'd be facepalming yourself Razz

Blizzard doesn't manually check the files on your computer, there's a security-detection system built into into WoW which checks your files for anomalies (a certain file size is bigger than it should be or smaller). It doesn't have the intelligence to tell whether a file has been changed to give you an unfair advantage or not, it just knows it has been. It then goes on to report this to Blizz Razz

There was a small piece on that technology when that huge case came out about the gold farming company and their bot programs.

So, relavent to the OP,

Insane Model Changes Polar-bear-face-palm_thumbnail1
Back to top Go down
Sederinn

Sederinn

PostSubject: Re: Insane Model Changes   Insane Model Changes EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 6:38 pm

so relevant to your idiocrity is the fact that it is undetectable when u delete the scan.dll file, they can't detect it and also blizz is pretty lenient on this part of the ToS because it doesn't hurt their business it's not like botting because botting involves an outside program automating the functions in-game aka exploiting, hacking etc. so it's a very different story.

Last edited by Sederinn on Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Symitri

Symitri

PostSubject: Re: Insane Model Changes   Insane Model Changes EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 6:56 pm

Quote :
2. Only Blizzard Entertainment or its licensees have the right to host World of Warcraft! Accordingly, you may not host, provide matchmaking services for, or intercept, emulate or redirect the communication protocols used by Blizzard Entertainment as part of World of Warcraft, regardless of the method used to do so. Such prohibited methods may include, but are not limited to, protocol emulation, reverse engineering, modifying World of Warcraft, adding components to World of Warcraft, or using a utility program to host World of Warcraft.
3. You agree that you will not

(1) modify or cause to be modified any files that are a part of a World of Warcraft installation;

^ Snip of Blizzard EULA, bolding the significant area.

I personally don't care whether you use it or not, but by that you're outside of the terms of agreement. Warning /=/ Trying to deprive you of modding your character. Knock yourself out.

And it does hurt their business in a way. Getting people to reroll race (rarer than class reroll but i Know i've done it) costs people time which creates a profit for Blizzard.

With all that said, I tried it out and it does work Razz I have nothing to lose, I'm not as attached to the game as I once was. Finally get female night elf melee animations wooo!
Back to top Go down
Arielyn

PostSubject: Re: Insane Model Changes   Insane Model Changes EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 12:53 am

If I were to risk getting caught and banned, I'd rather go for these:

Insane Model Changes Newnelfcats2

Source: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=17615362510&sid=1
Back to top Go down
Symitri

Symitri

PostSubject: Re: Insane Model Changes   Insane Model Changes EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 9:29 am

... Those are so awesome.
Back to top Go down
Spendrak
Admin
Spendrak

PostSubject: Re: Insane Model Changes   Insane Model Changes EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 1:47 pm

lurve the drama club cat
Back to top Go down
Boobsie
Officer
Boobsie

PostSubject: Re: Insane Model Changes   Insane Model Changes EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 4:10 pm

sailor moon ftw Smile
Back to top Go down
Sederinn

Sederinn

PostSubject: Re: Insane Model Changes   Insane Model Changes EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 5:01 pm

doooood yes drama club cat!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Insane Model Changes   Insane Model Changes Empty

Back to top Go down

Insane Model Changes
Page 1 of 1