AuthorMessage
Boobsie
Officer

PostSubject: OMG more horde? - Gawd help us all   Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:11 am

Back to top Go down
Valdr
Officer

PostSubject: Re: OMG more horde? - Gawd help us all   Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:38 am

I don’t see how you can change Factions without changing races. Alliance Orc Shaman?

It’s likely you’ll pick a new race during the change… And if you go Horde>Alliance>Horde… They might just add a paid race change service as well.
Back to top Go down
Oyvid
Officer

PostSubject: Re: OMG more horde? - Gawd help us all   Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:31 am

this change will be very interesting, as to what it does to the user experience. right now if your horde and your level as horde your stuck as a horde. when your stuck, you either quit or stick together seeing there's no other way unless you play on another server or char delete. intentional or not, it instill certain seige mentality to the player playing that race on that particular server. and of cos players who get really into in hence you get pictures of otakus wearing ski mask eating 'ben taim' bananas posing 'for the hordes'.

this game is about creating stickiness, social interaction is one, story is another: horde vs alliance has been one of the strongest/oldest flavor in the game, taking that away will only errode the user experience and role playability.

but then again i see interesting possibilities from it, luvme will sure be first to exploit the Alliance vs Horde AH exchange. or maybe an inside job to take over storm wind/orgrimmar.
Back to top Go down
Arielyn

PostSubject: Re: OMG more horde? - Gawd help us all   Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:37 am

I hope the plan is to retain the race. Then I can have my Horde druid and not be a lumbering cow.
Back to top Go down
Junek
Officer

PostSubject: Re: OMG more horde? - Gawd help us all   Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:37 am

I am thinking they will probably give you a new race when you move over. Like Blood elves horde = Night elves alliance. Undead = humans. If this is true... wonder what race will get stuck with being a gnome.

For sure it will be paid change... bliz is going to make a bundle for this. As with all big companies... they are always finding new ways to make extra profit.

If the player base is not expanding as much as they like... they will find other sources of new revenue.

Bliz does not really care anymore what is good or not for the game. It is all about milking as much cash as they can out of WoW before their next MMO is ready.
Back to top Go down
Naushan
Officer

PostSubject: Re: OMG more horde? - Gawd help us all   Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:41 pm

I highly doubt they will retain the race, so most likely it will be a race-mapping like Junik says.

Horde shaman (Tauren/Orc/Troll) will become blueberry (er... Draenei) shaman (only one choice)

Hmmm... let's change! I always wanted a sexy Female Draenei Shaman.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nagrand&n=Naushan
gellon

PostSubject: Re: OMG more horde? - Gawd help us all   Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:13 pm

sorry i'd rather play black and white pong on my old console than become an alliance player!!! Who wants to raid with 2 year olds
Back to top Go down
Boobsie
Officer

PostSubject: Re: OMG more horde? - Gawd help us all   Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:13 pm

gellon wrote:
sorry i'd rather play black and white pong on my old console than become an alliance player!!! Who wants to raid with 2 year olds

im looking from another angle.

Every 2 year old wants to raid with you Gellon! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OMG more horde? - Gawd help us all   

Back to top Go down

OMG more horde? - Gawd help us all
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BoObs  :: General :: Chit-chat and News-
Jump to: