BoObs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dragon Age: Origins

Go down 
+9
Ezechiel
imzra
Shiftstorm
Arielyn
Mayonnaise
Rhodie
Gallowyn
Orthedos
Symitri
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
cadder

Dragon Age: Origins - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins   Dragon Age: Origins - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 12:27 am

lol, im a danish elf rogue!
Back to top Go down
Orthedos

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins   Dragon Age: Origins - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 11:10 am

Actually I have issues playing any other classes. The only easy way to play is to make a healer. Let the NPC joining members do the tanking and range, and my avatar healing them.
Back to top Go down
Symitri

Symitri

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins   Dragon Age: Origins - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 2:24 pm

My first character who completed the main story was a Dalish Rogue, for single target DPS it went quite easy. So long as you pick up the companion Wynn (or whatever her name is), her healing makes playing a DPS/Tank class easier. I'm currently going through as a mage hybrid of Blood Mage/Spirit Healer and its a breeze. More button pressing than the rogue though.

Whereas I think BG was based on its own lore, Dragon's Age makes use of an already preconcieved world from a series of novels (I think). It feels very cliche as an entire premise, and you'll swear at points that you're playing a LOTR game.

Except, unlike LOTR games, it doesn't suck.

With that said, the way the characters play off each other in dialogue is great, and how bringing different characters to different events unlocks different pathways. I didn't even realise this until doing my second playthrough with a different group comp Razz

I never really got into Baldur's Gate (hides), but I went on a +10 hour Dragon Age binge so make of that what you want. My only real complaint is how you can't exit maps without using a gate (for the most part). So long as you've killed every hostile, i don't see why we shouldn't be able to. Also... Helmets look ghastly. My fashion sense tingles. I wish they had included more bars, though you only really need more bars as a mage.
Back to top Go down
imzra
Officer
imzra

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins   Dragon Age: Origins - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 4:35 pm

daph bought me an x-box recently

borderlands: finished lilith all the way on my 2nd playthrough. the game reminds me of diablo, enjoyment of the loot is very gratifying. also playing on a huge ass plasma tv with ciggies is da bomb

fallout 3: 2nd game i ever played on the xbox after GTA4, think i spent more than 2 weeks to get all the achivements. pretty much played it till wee hours in the morning. by far one of the best game ive ever played. also i think in fallout 3 stealth is too OP.

dragon age O: gonna start soon after i finished my mass effect playthrough as paragon since in ME2 you can load your save game from ME1 and continue the storyline. renegade is too much fun and man those tight bodysuits on ash and liara....
Back to top Go down
Symitri

Symitri

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins   Dragon Age: Origins - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 5:14 pm

Can't wait for Mass Effect 2. I still have my save games from 1, both Paragon and Renegade! Really love Bioware storytelling, need to try out Jade Empire when I can find a copy.

I didn't peg you for a Lilith type Imzy, not macho enough for you.

Fallout 3 was really good as well, the Point Lookout expansion had one of my favourite characters in a game as well. Wish they had made better use of Liam Neeson's voice acting, the father didn't get enough air time!
Back to top Go down
Gallowyn
Officer
Gallowyn

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins   Dragon Age: Origins - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 7:11 pm

What's not macho about Lilith? My Lilith is usually running into the thick of the enemy, dodging enemy bullets and blasting a path through with SMGs in order to reach and revive Shiro's Brick, who is most often seen crumpled over and bleeding into the dirt.

/vanish
Back to top Go down
Symitri

Symitri

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins   Dragon Age: Origins - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 8:06 pm

Not to mention getting her ass kicked by midgets who explode on her ass eh? Wink REVIVED YOU TWICE DUE TO THE EXACT SAME TYPE OF MOB EH EH
Back to top Go down
Gallowyn
Officer
Gallowyn

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins   Dragon Age: Origins - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 8:50 am

Exactly! Midgets-exploding-on-her-ass macho, that's what. Just wait till I get Phoenix, then I can become explode-nearby-barrels-spontaneously macho!
Back to top Go down
Kren

Kren

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins   Dragon Age: Origins - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 12:00 pm

I don't have enough hard disk space to play this game =( Unless installing on external hard disk works...
Back to top Go down
Symitri

Symitri

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins   Dragon Age: Origins - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 2:21 pm

For those who fail Razz
Back to top Go down
shironeko

shironeko

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins   Dragon Age: Origins - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 8:58 pm

RIGHT! & WHO IS THE ONE RISKING LIFE & LIMB MELEEING THE MOBS SO SOMEONE CAN STAY SAFE?!
Back to top Go down
http://technoneko.wordpress.com
Symitri

Symitri

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins   Dragon Age: Origins - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 11:14 pm

You tell him Shiro, BESERK ON HIM IRL.
Back to top Go down
Arielyn

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins   Dragon Age: Origins - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 11:29 am

For those who have played the human noble origin, this is how it should have ended, or begun ...