BoObs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dragon Age: Origins

Go down 
+9
Ezechiel
imzra
Shiftstorm
Arielyn
Mayonnaise
Rhodie
Gallowyn
Orthedos
Symitri
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Arielyn

Dragon Age: Origins - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins   Dragon Age: Origins - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 7:16 pm

Hmm I missed your reply somehow, must be because it got pushed off the front page too quickly ...

Have you tried taking Sten to Haven? When he challenges you, tell HIM what you've just said here! Razz

Also, have you done the prison rescue portion in your playthroughs?
Back to top Go down
Symitri

Symitri

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins   Dragon Age: Origins - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 9:17 am

Yep. In reality, unless you run a mage/mage party, fighting Ser Cauthlin is impossible. Her damage is scaled up significantly so the prison sequence is the best bet. I had a lot of fun with it, both getting out of the cage by offering the guard GAY MAN SEX and by rescue from Morrigan and Alistair.

Sten is dogmatised by his nation's ideals, so he'd probably be a bad person to talk to about freedom of anything Wink

On the Awakening, the video is now available: http://dragonage.bioware.com/awakening

Wet in my pants Razz
Back to top Go down
Symitri

Symitri

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins   Dragon Age: Origins - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 6:33 pm

Rampant speculation on Awakening:

New origin playthrough? Orlesian Warden. Since they say you can start the expansion as one.

That makes me wonder if you can play one through the original. Instead of being a new recruit, you could meet up with Duncan and co before the battle. Loghain would respond more negativley towards you in encounters and you wouldn't have the option of marrying Anora at all.

Somehow I doubt that, though it'd be a nice touch. It'd kind of suck having a new origin race and only being able to play expansion content.

I wonder who the "old favorite from Dragon Age: Origins" will be. We see Alistair in the video but that seems almost too obvious. The Bioware staff have said on the forums we'd see Morrigan again, so I've got fingers crossed that it's her :p

Edit: Official quotes:

"You can't play an Orlesian Grey Warden in Origins."

Darn it.
Back to top Go down
Arielyn

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins   Dragon Age: Origins - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 1:32 pm

IGN has an interview with a member of the Bioware making the expansion:

Interview

On another note, there's a forum post about the mean things you can do and the chaos and pain you can unleash on Feralden : Forum post
Back to top Go down
Symitri

Symitri

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins   Dragon Age: Origins - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 4:23 pm

That walkthrough is silly. It reminds me of evil in the sith sense of the world (during the Rule of Two era :p) : actions done without really thinking of the long term consequences. There's no NPC in the game that evil because its unrealistic.

If there was a sociopath though, it'd be right up that alley.
Back to top Go down
Symitri

Symitri

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins   Dragon Age: Origins - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 12:03 pm

Bioware released an 'April Fool's Day' DLC for Origins. Sadly, you have to pay for it. It's accessible from in-game, costs a few dollars worth of points, and adds a bunch of new gifts for your party members. While the gifts don't have cutscenes, they do have audio clips.

Posting it because it wasn't really announced very publicly, http://dragonage.bioware.com/addon/feastday

Have yet to get it myself, so I can't say whether it's worth it or not.
Back to top Go down
Arielyn

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins   Dragon Age: Origins - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 11:27 pm

This doesn't look like a real DLC.

Anyway, have you bought the Expansion? I'll only buy it when costs less than 30 bucks.
Back to top Go down
Symitri

Symitri

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins   Dragon Age: Origins - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 5:23 am

It is real DLC, funnily enough Razz So the April's Fools part of it is that you actually have to pay for it, not that it isn't real.

Yes I bought the expansion, and I'll try to avoid repeating myself by just linking what I've written on it Razz

http://fingerloose.wordpress.com/2010/03/20/the-awakening/
http://fingerloose.wordpress.com/2010/04/01/changing-the-product/

Spoiler-free. I think the fact that the expansion wasn't as expensive as a whole new game was good but I'm inclined to agree it 'feels' like it could have been cheaper. I did pretty much every side-quest and it still only took me just over 10 hours.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins   Dragon Age: Origins - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dragon Age: Origins
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3