BoObs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Authenticator's Hacked

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Symitri

Symitri

Authenticator's Hacked Empty
PostSubject: Authenticator's Hacked   Authenticator's Hacked EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 3:55 pm

http://www.mmocrunch.com/2010/02/28/world-of-warcraft-authenticator-hacked/

I've been saying since the beginning that there was little to no point in getting one. Changing your password regularly, making secure passwords, not visiting dodgy sites (Fatboysgetgay.com is an example, Gellon), and your regular other security tips work just as well and don't cost you extra money. It also doesn't make your game harder to access by you.

No BUT NOBODY LISTENS TO SYM No
Back to top Go down
Kaziopoeia

Kaziopoeia

PostSubject: Re: Authenticator's Hacked   Authenticator's Hacked EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 4:20 pm

Symitri wrote:
I've been saying since the beginning that there was little to no point in getting one.

aside from the fact that Blizzard have more than hinted that at some point everyone will NEED to have one to play blizzard games.
Back to top Go down
Symitri

Symitri

PostSubject: Re: Authenticator's Hacked   Authenticator's Hacked EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 3:59 pm

All the more reason to stop playing Blizzard games really >.> When a company starts dictating the necessity of even more hardware specific to their games, where does it end? Soon you'll be wearing Blizzard licensed caps that have infra-red chips that you need to verify through Blizzard Infra-red Sensors attached to your USBs and unless you then type in a four-digit pin on your Blizzard Numberpad AND THE BLIZZARD DOMINION WILL BE COMPLETE.

It's exaggeration of course, but unless they start shipping games with a free authenticator, it's indicative of Activision's squeeze-every-cent policy having more and more effect on Blizzard sales.
Back to top Go down
Kaziopoeia

Kaziopoeia

PostSubject: Re: Authenticator's Hacked   Authenticator's Hacked EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 4:14 pm

why the hate?

Yes they have 12 million subscribers who will jump to whatever tune they play, they're a corporation, what else do you expect?
Back to top Go down
Symitri

Symitri

PostSubject: Re: Authenticator's Hacked   Authenticator's Hacked EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 11:39 pm

Its more hate for activision policies than Blizzard. The fact they're now Activision-Blizzard means I feel obligated to pass on the hate.

There's more than one way for a corporation to make money; authenticators are an extension, as far as I care, of their guitar hero/other hero franchise of peripheral support. Only good for one thing and without support for external options which could provide better alternatives.

There are better ways to store passwords than the authenticator. Removing support for people who prefer not too is a shit move, only justifiable if people are willing to be strung along.

Putting it in a way that seems less confrontational: I have a problem with them marketing it towards people as if its the best solution because they're capitalising on the fact that people will always choose the lazy option (buying an item) instead of the harder but more rewarding option (learning internet security protocols, which will help them in more than just wow). You can say "Oh that's business" but that's not true. Every business has its despicable elements but most only get away with it because their customers don't care.

Nobody will complain about making Authenticators mandatory because they're all suckered into believing its a holier-than-thou alternative. And there's the heart of the problem.
Back to top Go down
gellon

PostSubject: Re: Authenticator's Hacked   Authenticator's Hacked EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 10:18 am

Kaz remind me to post Symitri's picture on fatboysbitches.com as one of my ladies when i'm done with him!! HAHA. No chance in coming back to WOW?
Back to top Go down
Symitri

Symitri

PostSubject: Re: Authenticator's Hacked   Authenticator's Hacked EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 1:39 pm

Absolutely zero!

Which is a shame, I miss making fun of you <3
Back to top Go down
Kaziopoeia

Kaziopoeia

PostSubject: Re: Authenticator's Hacked   Authenticator's Hacked EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 1:56 pm

October 15th eh.... Gellon.. you know what to do Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Authenticator's Hacked   Authenticator's Hacked Empty

Back to top Go down

Authenticator's Hacked
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BoObs  :: General :: Chit-chat and News-
Jump to: