BoObs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rusted Proto Drake 10 man

Go down 
+7
Gybs
Orthedos
Junek
Kren
lext
Kaziopoeia
gellon
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
gellon

Rusted Proto Drake 10 man - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rusted Proto Drake 10 man   Rusted Proto Drake 10 man - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 5:00 pm

Please fill out which ones you guys need which will help us decide which bosses to skip

Orbituary - Kaz, Kren, Gellon, Gybs
Iron Dwarf, Medium Rare - Kaz, Kren, Gellon, Lext, Gybs
Stokin' the Furnace -
Heartbreaker - Kren
Disarmed - Kaz
Crazy Cat Lady - Kren
I could say that this Cache was rare - Kren
Knock Knock Knock on Wood - Kaz, Kren, Gellon, Lext
I choose you, Steelbreaker Kaz, Kren
Lose your Illusion - Kaz, Kren
Firefighter - Kaz, Kren, Lext
I love the smell of Saronite in the Morning - Kaz, Kren, Gellon, Lext, Gybs
One Light in the Darkness - Kaz, Kren, Gellon, Lext, Gybs
Back to top Go down
Kaziopoeia

Kaziopoeia

PostSubject: Re: Rusted Proto Drake 10 man   Rusted Proto Drake 10 man - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 5:08 pm

Orbituary - Kaz, Kren, Gellon, Gybs, Gazaring, Sweat (Junik)
Iron Dwarf, Medium Rare - Kaz, Kren, Gellon, Lext, Gybs, Gazaring, Sweat (Junik)
Stokin' the Furnace -
Heartbreaker - Kren
Disarmed - Kaz, Gazaring, Sweat (Junik), Neckrosys
Crazy Cat Lady - Kren, Gazaring, Sweat (Junik), Neckrosys
I could say that this Cache was rare - Kren, Gazaring, Sweat (Junik), Neckrosys
Knock Knock Knock on Wood - Kaz, Kren, Gellon, Lext, Gazaring, Sweat (Junik), Neckrosys
I choose you, Steelbreaker Kaz, Kren, Sweat (Junik)
Lose your Illusion - Kaz, Kren, Gazaring, Sweat (Junik), Neckrosys
Firefighter - Kaz, Kren, Lext, Gazaring, Sweat (Junik), Neckrosys
I love the smell of Saronite in the Morning - Kaz, Kren, Gellon, Lext, Gybs, Gazaring, Sweat (Junik), Neckrosys
One Light in the Darkness - Kaz, Kren, Gellon, Lext, Gybs, Gazaring, Sweat (Junik), Neckrosys

(can't remember who else was there for achieves and who was there for boredom)
Back to top Go down
gellon

PostSubject: Re: Rusted Proto Drake 10 man   Rusted Proto Drake 10 man - Page 2 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 9:07 am

Thanks Kaz!!!
Back to top Go down
Tchiro

PostSubject: Re: Rusted Proto Drake 10 man   Rusted Proto Drake 10 man - Page 2 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 7:35 pm

I was with you.

I need everything except "Stockin" and "heartbreaker".

However, I won't be online this Sunday. I'll be back on the 6th. Still interested in getting the one you'd be doing then.
Back to top Go down
gellon

PostSubject: Re: Rusted Proto Drake 10 man   Rusted Proto Drake 10 man - Page 2 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 12:40 am

Looks like we can skip a few next week an maybe even make it to Yogg

Orbituary - Kaz, Gellon, Gybs, Gazaring, Sweat (Junik)
Iron Dwarf, Medium Rare - Kaz, Gellon, Lext, Gybs, Gazaring, Sweat (Junik)
Stokin' the Furnace -
Heartbreaker -
Disarmed -
Crazy Cat Lady -
I could say that this Cache was rare - Gazaring, Sweat (Junik)
Knock Knock Knock on Wood - Kaz, Gellon, Lext, Gazaring, Sweat (Junik)
I choose you, Steelbreaker
Lose your Illusion -
Firefighter - Kaz, Lext, Gazaring, Sweat (Junik), Neckrosys
I love the smell of Saronite in the Morning - Kaz, Gellon, Lext, Gybs, Gazaring, Sweat (Junik)
One Light in the Darkness - Kaz, Gellon, Lext, Gybs, Gazaring, Sweat (Junik)
Back to top Go down
Kaziopoeia

Kaziopoeia

PostSubject: Re: Rusted Proto Drake 10 man   Rusted Proto Drake 10 man - Page 2 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 11:31 am

Are we saving the raid ID?
Back to top Go down
Junek
Officer
Junek

PostSubject: Re: Rusted Proto Drake 10 man   Rusted Proto Drake 10 man - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 1:52 pm

Yes... I think Gellon saved the raid ID. It will work out nicely as this week is Ignis for the weekly and we did not take him down last week so we can kill him and still get the weekly done.

Let's aim for Freya and Razorscale this week.

In Wowhead I found a interesting way to do Razor and hopefully it still works.

Quote :
A very easy way to increase the margin for error with this achievement:

Allow Razorscale to hard enrage (takes about ten minutes from beginning the encounter). Her breath will hit far harder, so hard that it will oneshot whoever it hits and she will wipe the raid in short order - but it will also completely oneshot the adds.

If your raid is having difficulty coordinating this achievement, consider gathering up a large number of mobs at high health, then allowing the boss to enrage and oneshot them all.

This takes 15 mins cause of the enrage timer but if we can do this and get them all in 1 or 2 tries it is well worth it. I am not sure how hard the guardian hits... so either we can use 3 tanks and have 2 of them do the guardians to split up the damage and 1 tank to tank the watchers and sentinels or we can use 3 tanks / 3 healers if needed.

Since we have 15 mins it will be plenty of time to gather 25 guardians. The problem is I don't know if 25 will hit too hard for 1 tank or if we will need 2 tanks.

The watcher and sentinels are not too hard so we can use 4 or 5 dps to kill them quite easily.

For Freya... I will try to find some strats that we can try to take her down too. I read something about using /target macros to easily switch from one mob to another easily so when we call the switch on vent it will go more smoothly.

More to come about Freya.

So if you are interested in doing the ulduar achievements be sure not to get yourself saved in a new ID!!!
Back to top Go down
Kaziopoeia

Kaziopoeia

PostSubject: Re: Rusted Proto Drake 10 man   Rusted Proto Drake 10 man - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 5:21 pm

Good plan... since we have 2 heals and 2 tanks we only need to find 2 spare slots for the other 2 people.

Question: do you want me to swap holy to Disc spec? I've never played disc before so it'll be experimental, but if you think we need different heals then I'm happy to try?

Kaz
Back to top Go down
Junek
Officer
Junek

PostSubject: Re: Rusted Proto Drake 10 man   Rusted Proto Drake 10 man - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 1:11 pm

For some of these fights Disc priest will definitely help. From some of the strats I read alot of them used Disc priests but this was back during 3.1 and 3.2. I would like to think we are good enough that we shouldn't need it.

It's your call Kaz... if you want to start looking into Disc and familiarize yourself with it I am sure it won't hurt.
Back to top Go down
Kaziopoeia

Kaziopoeia

PostSubject: Re: Rusted Proto Drake 10 man   Rusted Proto Drake 10 man - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 1:59 pm

I'll stick to holy for this week since I'm in Japan and won't have any time to practice... after we see how it goes this sunday I'll make a call
Back to top Go down
Kaziopoeia

Kaziopoeia

PostSubject: Re: Rusted Proto Drake 10 man   Rusted Proto Drake 10 man - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 11:38 am

Orbituary - Kaz, Gellon, Gybs, Gazaring, Sweat (Junik)
Iron Dwarf, Medium Rare - Kaz, Gellon, Lext, Gybs, Gazaring, Sweat (Junik) half done
I could say that this Cache was rare - Gazaring, Sweat (Junik)
Firefighter - Kaz, Lext, Gazaring, Sweat (Junik), Neckrosys
I love the smell of Saronite in the Morning - Kaz, Gellon, Lext, Gybs, Gazaring, Sweat (Junik)
One Light in the Darkness - Kaz, Gellon, Lext, Gybs, Gazaring, Sweat (Junik)

Firefighter Strategy - 2 Tanks + 3 Healers

Some groups chose to do 1 Tank, 7 DPS, 2 Healers
Personally, we did 2 Tanks, 5 DPS, 3 Healers, it's all a matter of preference.
(kaz - I've seen people use a DPS with a shield as the OT... since gellon is healing, not sure who is best to do this)

This is definitely one of the hardest modes in 10 man, even after some of the nerfs, expect this to be an all day ordeal. We spent 5 hours on this, whether that's good or bad I don't know, we aren't amazingly geared and we wiped twice at 4% in Phase 4 due to some bad luck, but we were always flasked and food buffed for each attempt.

Main Tank: Warrior
Off-Tank/Bomb
Bot Tank: Paladin
Healers: Resto Shaman, Discipline Priest, Resto Druid

Fire Aura or Totem needed for the entire fight, for obvious reasons
10 minute enrage timer throughout all 4 phases for those who don't know, when it hits 10 minutes, everyone in the room will die 2-3 seconds later.

Phase 1 - Tank
At the start of the fight, everyone was stacked against the wall at 10 o clock (With
the red button being at 12 o clock). This made is so that the first few fires that spawned were out of the way. Tanked boss in the middle. Have to watch out of for the usual stuff, shock blast, napalm shells, mines, although the mines are less threatening now with the recent nerfs, you can safely walk through one if needed.

Cooldowns will need to be used for the tank to survive the Plasma Blasts, they normally hit around 17,000 per tick. For first one, I used shield wall. Second one, Last
Stand + Enraged Regeneration. Third one, Pally off-tank used Hand of Sacrifice on me. Our DPS was usually good enough so that a fourth one didn't happen, but if it did, our priest used pain supression. Shield Block with the 4 set of T8 for Warriors also helped, as it reduces magic damage by 20%.

When the 2nd set of flames spawn, most likely one of your melee will get hit by it, and you need to start slowly kiting. At this point, ranged also need to be careful of shock blast and mines just in case. When he was around 50% health and after the 3rd set of
flames went up, he used flame suppresent to get rid of the fires, and another shock blast. At this point it's important to make sure no one is in the middle, you need to keep the middle clear of fire for the next phase to go smoothly.

Phase 1 ends, you have ~30 seconds until Phase 2. Everyone hug the wall and slowly kite the flames. At around ~10 seconds until Phase 2, start spreading out and get ready.

Phase
2 - Machine Gun

Whether you choose to use Bloodlust during this phase is up to you. As we were progressing, we did at first, and then when we got more used to the phase, we saved it for Phase 4, and had our two pallies help out at times using bubble + Divine Sacrifice.
If you only have two healers, Bloodlust may be required here. This is the most healing intensive phase no doubt, everyone needs to use their defensive cooldowns to help the healers out. Melee need to be careful of the fire in the middle and avoid it as much as possible, Mimiron will occasionally cleanse the middle of fires, but sometimes 2 seconds later, a fire will come right back. Ranged need to spread out some, maybe in
two groups, but they have to be close to heal eachother.

Dodge rockets, don't die to laser barrage. Frost bombs are now used occasionally at a patch of fire. Ranged need to get away from it if it spawns close to them. Melee sometimes won't be able to avoid a Frost bomb, just make sure your back isn't to the fire when it goes off. Laser Barrage is a good time for healers to catch up. Try to down him before he does his 2nd Laser Barrage and you'll be good on time.

Phase
3 - Head

Get to an open area and get ready. You'll constantly be moving away from fires at this stage. Have one ranged DPS tank the head and get some good heals. Emergency bots will spawn and spray water on the fire, it's best to leave them alone in 10 man. They
don't silence like they do in 25 man, so let them do their thing and kill them off at the end of Phase 3. Bomb bots will spawn from the head, we had our Pally tank eat them all. I picked up the Assault bots and burned them down, along with picking up junk bots. Once we had collected two cores, we kited the boss to an open area, dropped it, and all DPS helped out. After he goes up, kite him again to another open area, and
drop him. At this point, he was at ~10% usually or less, and we had our ranged finish him as our melee caught up on assault bots. Once defeated, AoE all the junk bots, and kill the remaining Assault bots.

This phase is the easiest, one thing to note is that the cores, when used, now automatically go under Mimiron's head. If the head is moving while you use the core, then it will miss and the head won't come down. So don't use the core until the ranged tank is done kiting him. At the end of Phase 3, kill off the remaining Emergency Bots, they will only be a nuisance with their pushback in Phase 4.

Phase 4 -
VOLTRON!

Split up DPS between the three parts as usual. This phase is easier to heal than Phase 2, but there is still a lot of stuff going on. As a warrior tank, I personally taunted the head and spell reflect tanked it, we found that easier to heal rather than trying
to heal a ranged tank. All the stuff usually present in Phase 4 is there: Mines, Shock blast, rockets, laser barrage, pulse blast. And of course, the ever annoying fire is still present and still spawns. Mimiron will use Frost Bombs like he did in Phase 2, and these you really need to watch out for. They can potentially screw you up, especially if he's doing a Laser Barrage, so a ranged DPS or Healer needs to call it out where it is spawned.

Other than that, this final phase is all about surviving. Getting out for shock blast, not
dieing to Laser Barrage, not dieing to rockets, being careful of mines being laid down, and keeping everyone topped off. While at the same time, kiting the boss to constantly open areas of ground. Finally, make sure to keep watch on the enrage timer. Running with 5 DPS, we usually had around 2:30 - 3:00 left on the timer when phase 4 hit, and we killed him with 30 seconds left. Probably cutting it close, but it can be done.

Conclusion
I wish you guys all luck. This is a very frustrating achievement, mostly because if you fail at Phase 4, you have to start alllll over again with the annoying Phase 1 + 2, but just keep on pushing and you will eventually kill him and loot your final sigil to Algalon. Good luck Smile
Back to top Go down
Kaziopoeia

Kaziopoeia

PostSubject: Re: Rusted Proto Drake 10 man   Rusted Proto Drake 10 man - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 12:13 pm

Saronite (Vezax) Achievement.

From the sounds of it, it looks like this needs a disc priest. I'm probably going to re-spec this week to holy/disc instead of holy/shadow

Tactics: 1 tank 3 heals
2 healers (except disc priest) stand with melee and ranged... well they go ranged!
The disc priest uses shadowcrash to cast shield on the tank and then jumps out to do a penance or PoM, the rest of the healers just wand or throw out an emergency heal if really necessary

When the Animus spawns after 3 minutes the tank needs to try and pick it up... it can't be taunted so needs to be MD.
Now that he's up the raid starts taking exponentially increasing shadow damage... the 2 idle healers need to crack into action and heal the raid.

Disc priest shield spams the whole raid now by standing in the crashes.

The keys to this are that everyone tries to avoid taking any damage in phase one and BL is saved for the animus and everyone goes nuts to kill him quickly (use the shadowcrashes), and that the disc priest isn't some noob holy one who has just changed spec.... oh.
Back to top Go down
exhibition

exhibition

PostSubject: Re: Rusted Proto Drake 10 man   Rusted Proto Drake 10 man - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 1:28 pm

Video of our Freya HM last night:

-Goat.
Back to top Go down
Junek
Officer
Junek

PostSubject: Re: Rusted Proto Drake 10 man   Rusted Proto Drake 10 man - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 4:26 pm

I loved your great use of Chain heals for that fight. You seem to always be casting it at the perfect moment. Nerf Shams pls!!!
Back to top Go down
exhibition

exhibition

PostSubject: Re: Rusted Proto Drake 10 man   Rusted Proto Drake 10 man - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 4:42 pm

Nerf!? NERF?!

We're already an underpowered, under-appreciated class - beset with balance issues and general inadequacies when compared to the highly unfair overpower--werd--ness of other healing classes!

AND FROM A DRUID! For shame! SHAAAAME!

-Goat.
Back to top Go down
exhibition

exhibition

PostSubject: Re: Rusted Proto Drake 10 man   Rusted Proto Drake 10 man - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 5:11 pm

BTW, Kaz, thanks for the strat posts. I think if we knuckle down and knock out firefighter our next night it, we're pretty much all riding on chrome by the end of that week... unless One Light is really going to be hard. I don't expect it to be that much harder than vanilla Yogg tbh; not with our gear.

-Goat.
Back to top Go down
Kaziopoeia

Kaziopoeia

PostSubject: Re: Rusted Proto Drake 10 man   Rusted Proto Drake 10 man - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 5:36 pm

Sounds like firefighter is the hard one if people know the principles of Yogg+4

Mind you I want to do Algalon too... can we stretch it an extra week for the floatyman?
Back to top Go down
exhibition

exhibition

PostSubject: Re: Rusted Proto Drake 10 man   Rusted Proto Drake 10 man - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 10:24 pm

I did Algalon with Team Galactic as a tank. It took us four tries. The tanking aspects are pretty simple.

I do not foresee us having to come back for a second shot at it another reset, I think we'll do Algalon without too much trouble.

-Goat.
Back to top Go down
gellon

PostSubject: Re: Rusted Proto Drake 10 man   Rusted Proto Drake 10 man - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 8:31 am

With the 24 hour maitenance window I'm gonna reset the ID. I would like to just get through FL and razorscale so we can just focus on the 3 next week.
Back to top Go down
exhibition

exhibition

PostSubject: Re: Rusted Proto Drake 10 man   Rusted Proto Drake 10 man - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 11:03 am

Sounds awesome. I'm looking forward to that - plus, it means I can loot the sigils off the watchers (normal or hard) for the Algalon event.

-Goat.
Back to top Go down
Kaziopoeia

Kaziopoeia

PostSubject: Re: Rusted Proto Drake 10 man   Rusted Proto Drake 10 man - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 11:47 am

And this weeks raid is Ignis (AGAIN) so we can do him. we'll also have a chance to do "Cache is rare" if our Deeps are feeling 1337

I'm now shadow/disc and healed PoS as disc... it's really good, that HORRIBLE pull after Ick/Crick is actually a doddle with shields.
Back to top Go down
Junek
Officer
Junek

PostSubject: Re: Rusted Proto Drake 10 man   Rusted Proto Drake 10 man - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 1:03 pm

"Cache is rare" is actually no problem... we just did not execute properly. We just need to make better use of the storm buffs.

After the first flash freeze we also need to break out the NPC mage and the shaman. The mage will than proceed to give us toasty fires and break out the other NPC's for us. The shaman will also give us new storm cloud.

I expect us to 1 shot this... hopefully Razz

We need to work on the firefighter and FL strategy and get these 2 down.
Back to top Go down
Kaziopoeia

Kaziopoeia

PostSubject: Re: Rusted Proto Drake 10 man   Rusted Proto Drake 10 man - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 1:31 pm

Does Mim open right after auraya? or do you need to free the other keepers first?
Back to top Go down
Symitri

Symitri

PostSubject: Re: Rusted Proto Drake 10 man   Rusted Proto Drake 10 man - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 1:43 pm

No need to free other keepers, straight after Auriaya
Back to top Go down
exhibition

exhibition

PostSubject: Re: Rusted Proto Drake 10 man   Rusted Proto Drake 10 man - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 2:45 pm

I'd appreciate doing the other keepers for the Algalon quest.

Regards to cache: my team used to drag him to a wall and hit lust. We burned him down without too many problems back in ulduar 10 gear. Having everyone on the wall seemed to give us toasty fires closer to the raid also, and of course less spread on the mounds of snow.

-Goat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rusted Proto Drake 10 man   Rusted Proto Drake 10 man - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rusted Proto Drake 10 man
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BoObs  :: General :: Chit-chat and News-
Jump to: