BoObs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Civilization Song

Go down 
+4
Gallowyn
rubberbands
Ezechiel
Symitri
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Symitri

Symitri

Civilization Song - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civilization Song   Civilization Song - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 3:09 pm

It does seem the city states tech up faster than the Civ AI, although they don't seem to have any direct correlation with your own. There was a point where I was gifted a Giant Death Robot by a military city-state, and I had yet to research the necessary tech to make it myself.

Pssh. l2 courthouse! Or learn to puppet state Wink
Back to top Go down
Valdr
Officer
Valdr

PostSubject: Re: Civilization Song   Civilization Song - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 3:34 pm

Court house takes AGES to build and I hate not being able to control what the cities build.

Am I missing something?
Back to top Go down
Ezechiel

Ezechiel

PostSubject: Re: Civilization Song   Civilization Song - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 10:58 pm

oh.. no wonder sometime i have to wait quite awhile when i click save. hmmz, i will try the autosave thingy and see how it goes.

thx valdr!

btw, what end-games units u guys using? my enemies using heli + moblie sam + tanks.

stupid stealth planes and fighters seems useless ><
Back to top Go down
Arielyn

PostSubject: Re: Civilization Song   Civilization Song - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 11:05 pm

Valdr wrote:
Court house takes AGES to build and I hate not being able to control what the cities build.

Am I missing something?

What I do is to make them puppet states while I'm pushing on. Once I'm satisfied that the AI Civs have learned their lesson and sued for peace, I then make sure I am flushed with happiness and then annex the puppet states one by one. In order to build a courthouse faster, I switch the workers to be "focus on production". It still takes maybe 18 turns, but annexing your puupet states one by one, or two at a time softens the blow to your happiness.

Back to top Go down
Gallowyn
Officer
Gallowyn

PostSubject: Re: Civilization Song   Civilization Song - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 12:27 am

Wimps! I've tried going the hard way and just directly capturing enemy cities on after the other. Who cares if the people are unhappy - it's not like I need population growth by that stage.
Back to top Go down
Symitri

Symitri

PostSubject: Re: Civilization Song   Civilization Song - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 12:49 am

Ezechiel wrote:
oh.. no wonder sometime i have to wait quite awhile when i click save. hmmz, i will try the autosave thingy and see how it goes.

thx valdr!

btw, what end-games units u guys using? my enemies using heli + moblie sam + tanks.

stupid stealth planes and fighters seems useless ><
One Mechanized Infantry and Five Stealth Bombers = Conquering any city on the map. if your enemy is sufficiently advanced and you're noticing they take a lot of damage on bombing runs, exchange them for Mobile Artillery units. They're incredibly for knocking out well-reinforced units, not just knocking down city walls!
Back to top Go down
Arielyn

PostSubject: Re: Civilization Song   Civilization Song - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 3:31 am

Gallowyn wrote:
Wimps! I've tried going the hard way and just directly capturing enemy cities on after the other. Who cares if the people are unhappy - it's not like I need population growth by that stage.

Somehow the civilians' unhappiness affects troops' morale too. Your army fights at a penalty when your unhappiness is below -10. So even if I were to ignore unhappiness, I won't let it get that low.
Back to top Go down
Arielyn

PostSubject: Re: Civilization Song   Civilization Song - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 3:37 am

Valdr wrote:
@Ming - there's some bug at the moment that causes your save game files to balloon if you manually save the game. I've seen saved games grow as big as 8mb and some people report late game saves of 30mb. Once u get this problem, even auto saves are as big. This causes loading saved games to take ages (1-2mins) and often causes the game to freeze.

The only solution is to delete all the saved games and start fresh using only autosaves. You can set autosave to every turn if u like. this keeps the saves small (<1mb)

Hmmm ... I deleted all my saves and only rely on the autosave and the game hasn't crashed since, when before, it crashed frequently.
Back to top Go down
Ezechiel

Ezechiel

PostSubject: Re: Civilization Song   Civilization Song - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 11:51 am

ok... i will build more rocket artillery to whack off their sam so my fighters can eat up all their heli .. hehehe
Back to top Go down
Arielyn

PostSubject: Re: Civilization Song   Civilization Song - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 1:09 pm

Free stuff:

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/18/civilization-5-welcomes-mongols-and-babylonians-as-dlc

Sid Meier's Civilization 5 is set to expand later this month with two new downloadable packs. The turn-based strategy game will toss you into a hexagon with Genghis Khan in the "Mongols Civilization and Scenario Pack," which sees you unfurling his Asian empire across the globe. The pack is due on October 25th and comes, according to 2K Games, as a free "gift to the legions of Civ fanatics." (Don't mess with them, they're really well organized.)

If you'd also like to ally yourself with Babylon's King Nebuchadnezzar II, you'll want to download the "Babylonian Civilization Pack," due on October 25th for $4.99 (unless you already received it in the game's Digital Deluxe Edition). It even comes with a bit of a turn-based tongue twister: Babylonian Bowmen. Try saying it three times: "Believe Blue Babylonian Bowman Bellow!"

Based on the screen shots from the link, the Mongols' unique ability is +30% damage against city state units and cities. Oh ho ho ... the city states that spawn next to the Mongols are truly cursed. Their price discount on the Babylonians is going to make those who have bought it unhappy. Sales of the DLC must have been quite bad, to have to slash prices this soon.
Back to top Go down
Symitri

Symitri

PostSubject: Re: Civilization Song   Civilization Song - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 1:54 pm

That's unsurprising, given that the modding tools that I'm pretty sure lets you modify your Civilizations and since that's an option... Why would you pay for it?
Back to top Go down
Arielyn

PostSubject: Re: Civilization Song   Civilization Song - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 2:18 pm

Symitri wrote:
That's unsurprising, given that the modding tools that I'm pretty sure lets you modify your Civilizations and since that's an option... Why would you pay for it?

You can't use the modding tools to create the artwork for unique units. I would have bought the Babylonians, actually, except that I'm not sure I'd play this game as much as I would like, as it crashes often when I have discovered the second continent on a standard Continents map.

I wonder if the patch will be ready concurrently with the free DLC.
Back to top Go down
Symitri

Symitri

PostSubject: Re: Civilization Song   Civilization Song - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 2:44 pm

Well you'd be missing out on the artwork I suppose, but the Babylonians being a historic race means you'll see the units for all of 50-100 turns, which to me has always been the downfall of most civs in the game if you play for units alone. I play for racials, and those don't require artwork Wink
Back to top Go down
Symitri

Symitri

PostSubject: Re: Civilization Song   Civilization Song - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 10:49 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Civilization Song   Civilization Song - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Civilization Song
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2