Others, will elaborate
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage
Oyvid
Officer

PostSubject: Battling the greed machine   Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:33 pm

guys, as we are a new guild, we are always trying new ways to improve how this guild works. Recently been seeing the ugly side of using EPGP where by ppl would hoard EP hoping for better loot 5-6 or god knows how many bosses ahead of us.

So, soon, we will be releasing a set of ideal gear/skill requirements that we using as bench mark for promotion from initiate to raider and most importantly what we are looking out for when doing rotations and asking you to raid. Certain content requires certain specs, certain number of different classes with certain lvl of gears. So if you gear is not up to that mark because you want to save that bit of EP or badges then it is difficult for us to justify you a raid spot too.

Since EP and gear is a guild wide issue, we decided to make a guild wide poll to gauge what the general feeling is.

4 Options:
1. Reset EP for T6 Content: meaning once our guild makes our foray into T6 content (once Kael and Vashj are dead). EP guild wide will be reseted to 200- time will be given to those folks who have not done enough of T5 content. So if you have not use your EP for stuff in T5 content then sorry. Anyway if your not geared for T6 content, we can't bring you there anyway.

2. Force Loot: Unbided loot will be forced upon someone in the raid to prevent wastefulness. Class leaders will inspect gears and make suggests who should pay for the loot.

3. Do nothing: as stated.

4. Others, will elaborate: Please reply to this post of your suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Gallowyn
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Battling the greed machine   Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:56 pm

I think in assessing any toon's gear requirements and potential upgrades, class leaders should take into consideration the alternative upgrades such as Badge gear or Heroic drops (especially from MgT). For example, a raider/initiate may be passing on a piece of gear that appears to be an upgrade because he is saving badges for an even better piece of gear for that slot.

Tier 5 set pieces also present an issue. For example, the Tier 5 for rogues isn't generally considered to be particularly attractive on a piece-by-piece basis (and is often inferior to alternative gear such as badge gear) unless and until you get the 4-pc bonus. If it is unlikely that the toon is going to get 4 pieces of T5, then there is less incentive to take any of the pieces at all under an EPGP system, especially if we are not planning to farm T5 content.

Oh, and one more thing: the early T6 bosses (e.g. Rage Winterchill) are probably easier than Vashj or Kael'thas. Would the guild be moving on to early T6 content first? And if so, how would a reset of EP work?

Having said that, it makes sense from a guild perspective to waste as few drops as possible. I trust the class leaders to make the right recommendations cyclops
Back to top Go down
Oyvid
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Battling the greed machine   Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:22 pm

Aye Gallow, i hear you. I'm in the same situation as you where by i don't need that many loot from T5 content. but that doesn't mean i'm geared and ready for T6 content, i still need badge loots and 4 x T5 content loot to be ready. the objective is to have ppl let go of the notion that they should hoard EP for certain T5 loot few bosses ahead of them or in MH when they could have gotten an upgrade now and then.

And also to know that in order to raid at the level we are at, you need to come prepare - e.g. take responsibility of your own gears or risk losing your raid spot.
Back to top Go down
imzra
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Battling the greed machine   Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:34 pm

i agree on options 1 & 2

if its better than what you have then you need to take it

raid wont improve much if everyone keeps hoarding on EP and doesnt upgrade

warm regards,
tai ko
Back to top Go down
Oyvid
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Battling the greed machine   Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:58 am

/bumping to the top so it won't lose focus.
Back to top Go down
Oyvid
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Battling the greed machine   Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:26 pm

do the BoObs bump!
Back to top Go down
aegir
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Battling the greed machine   Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:41 pm

/bump ( . ) ( . )
Back to top Go down
seladang
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Battling the greed machine   Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:45 pm

/boob up my post
Back to top Go down
NetherFury

PostSubject: Re: Battling the greed machine   Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:50 pm

My personal view is to upgrade your gear as often as you can and not eye that single piece of awesomeness which may, due to some incredible luck, never ever drop.

That being said, with WOTLK coming, a lot of the epic we have or will be getting would be come obsolete, being replaced by some lv 72 green XYZ of the Bear etc etc.

Epic gears as far as I am concerned, are tickets to progress and contents.
Without the proper gears, the raid is not efficient, or can't even stand win certain boss fights. (Defence, Resist, Spell Hit, Melee hit, overall raid total dps, etc etc you name it, o)

Personal progress is not progress imo, as the guild needs to gear up as a whole in order to tank, dps, heal and sustain throughout the raid, to win against the bosses, with relative ease.

So come on people take those epics as they come! gem and enchant them! and put them to good use!
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=566408830
Naushan
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Battling the greed machine   Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:05 pm

yep yep....don't waste the epics and don't be afraid to gem/enchant them. With 25 daily quests, u can easily earn 250g/day doing quests...so gold/gems should not be an issue.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nagrand&n=Naushan
Gallowyn
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Battling the greed machine   Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:11 pm

Slightly off-topic: it might be helpful if the guild enchanters/JCs could keep the crafting threads updated, so that owners of new epics can more easily (and affordably) find what they need.
Back to top Go down
Oyvid
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Battling the greed machine   Tue May 06, 2008 1:34 pm

Ok in summary:
- EP will be reseted once we move into T6 content. There will be a freeze on bank sales items before the reset to prevent crazy X'mas sales.
- We will not force loot upon anyone but we will 'persuade' them to take it. Again case by case basis as Loot officers should /can step in if it's a blatant case of EP hoarding or loot whoring.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battling the greed machine   

Back to top Go down

Battling the greed machine
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BoObs  :: General :: Chit-chat and News-
Jump to: