PortalHomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Gothic & Bio & Ozruk

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kaziopoeia

PostSubject: Gothic & Bio & Ozruk   Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:07 pm

Why did this have to come out 12 hours too late?

Bio... Also on MMO Champ is this:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/819776-Glory-of-the-Cataclysm-Hero-Monster-Guide-by-Exul
Back to top Go down
Symitri

PostSubject: Re: Gothic & Bio & Ozruk   Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:02 pm

Alternatively, you could have asked almost any of the older 85's in guild what to do... >.>
Back to top Go down
Kaziopoeia

PostSubject: Re: Gothic & Bio & Ozruk   Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:07 pm

erm... we'd already worked out how to wipe Sym... we wanted to know how to defeat the boss.

Besides, I wouldn't get an answer given that Gallowyn is trying to Cyberbully me Razz
Back to top Go down
Biohazardous

PostSubject: Re: Gothic & Bio & Ozruk   Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:27 am

Symitri wrote:
Alternatively, you could have asked almost any of the older 85's in guild what to do... >.>

Sym there was no Response from the guild at the time, and I'm not worried about it either. Which is quite normal for these sorts of things, people expect us to read up these things. I've now reached a point, asking guild is met normally with silence.

The pug tank was learning, but they were refusing to listen to what we said in party chat. I did kept telling the tank to use an ability or find some way to stop the paralyze. The tank could not get around that step after 6 times as he wanted to listen to his rogue nub friend, and sort the position out first. Rather than devise a way to get a dot on the tank. Although I did not know the fight in great detail since it was the first time, I was not prepared to wipe/learn with a stuborn individual. This is the first guide I have read about the dot for the tank... Ah well.

Thanks Kaz.
Back to top Go down
Symitri

PostSubject: Re: Gothic & Bio & Ozruk   Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:22 am

A lot of the people who learned these fights did mostly by reading comments on Wowhead or Wowpedia so it's worth checking those sites not just for the bosses but the trash if you find yourself wiping. The first week of 85 was hell simply because nobody had enough reliable information on what each boss did, where it was generally assumed it could be iron man'd.

While it may just have been the guild acting like asses and ignoring what's being said in gchat, sometimes you do need to spell it out that you'd like advice. You may have done this, I can't be sure, but a lot of the time people will provide tips so long as it's a straightforward question on how to do it rather than simply saying you find yourself wiping on a boss. Not everybody makes the connection between not knowing the boss and wiping.

Alternatively, it could be as I suspect and everybody other than the tanks in guild run on autofollow and ignore all strategy and leave it up to me. Bastards. It'd explain all the dying.

And no Kaz, it isn't my fault!
Back to top Go down
Valdr
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Gothic & Bio & Ozruk   Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:00 am

Ozruk casts 2 shields during the fight:
- Elementium Spike Shield: Applies damage over time to melee attackers.
- Elementium Bulwark Magic: 100% chance to reflect spells.

The paralyze is removed by having the dot on the boss on you. When the dot ticks, it breaks the paralyze effect.

As melee or tank, you do not have to do anything extra as your normal attacks will dot you already. The only special case is the healer who also has to attack the boss (melee or dot). Unless the healer has a dot spell, he'd have to melee the boss.

His shields are magic effects and can be removed by shield slam/dispel/purge etc. Be sure not to remove them.

I spent many wipes also learning how to tank this boss and my favourite method is this:
- I pull him down his tunnel a short distance and tank him with his back to the area where we cleared the trash
- Healer and ranged stay near the entrance of his tunnel and don't have to move much during the fight
- melee at his back and run towards the healer/ranged camp for shatter
- I find it's easiest for a tank to avoid ground slam by running straight through him to the melee. After he has finished the cast, I just run back to my spot and flip him around.
- He casts shatter right after paralyze, so as the tank, once i see paralyze I start running away down the tunnel (away from the healer).
Back to top Go down
Biohazardous

PostSubject: Re: Gothic & Bio & Ozruk   Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:31 pm

Thanks Valdr.

The video I saw later that night/day after the wipes (early morning) was http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdN2c4PHWB8 apart from the pommy accent, it was the first video/strat that talked about the bleed effect and apparently paladins can judge the boss for the bleed effect. Every other guide I read prior to the pug attempts, said paladins had to bubble, trinket or be dispelled by another player. Go to show how strats evolve.

That rogue and warrior we had still managed to avoid getting the dot on a few attempts and ate the slam. Was strange. Meh guess we will learn properly when we do it with an experienced tank.
Back to top Go down
Symitri

PostSubject: Re: Gothic & Bio & Ozruk   Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:49 am

Warriors shield slam the reflective shield off, as a secondary effect of shield slam is an offensive dispel. We actually have to lay off it for that fight unless we know when the shield will pop, or you risk having a number of people paralysed.

Of course, if the tank is the only melee thy should still be unaffected as the boss seems to do a small melee attack after paralyse on the tank which breaks them out anyway.
Back to top Go down
Nefoaix

PostSubject: Re: Gothic & Bio & Ozruk   Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:47 pm

Pallys with Seal of Truth will apply Censure on the boss. Out of the many times I have done it as Ret and once or twice as Prot, I almost always break out of Paralyze instantly.

Most of the time, the main problem is trigger happy casters who love to eat their own spells and in turn giving the healer a hard time. =P
Back to top Go down
Thaifighter

PostSubject: Re: Gothic & Bio & Ozruk   Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:40 pm

sym kept dispelling elementium shield and i got all up in his shit about it it was pretty cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gothic & Bio & Ozruk   

Back to top Go down

Gothic & Bio & Ozruk
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BoObs  :: General :: Chit-chat and News-
Jump to: