BoObs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

That 70's Guild

Go down 
+8
Mayonnaise
imzra
Xiphias
Gallowyn
Rhodie
Symitri
Kren
Pocketheals
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pocketheals

Pocketheals

That 70's Guild Empty
PostSubject: That 70's Guild   That 70's Guild EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 5:44 pm

I just thought of a great idea.... I'm lvling my DK to lvl70 and then I'm gonna stop her XP. Then I'm gonna go do BC raids as a 70 once more! Anyone interested in making a 70's guild? It will be fun to run H Magisters Terrace once again as it was meant to be. And think about places like Mana tombs and the ever so frustrating Setthek Halls and Shattered Halls.... not to mention if we get enough we can go do KARA!!! and Zul Aman!!! Hehehe I think this will be fun!

If you're interested... just leave a message on this post. If we get enough people interested with 70s then we can go do something... if not enough interest... then I'll be switching mains to mai DK tank when I hit 80... (lol just joking about switching mains).
Back to top Go down
Kren

Kren

That 70's Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: That 70's Guild   That 70's Guild EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 6:13 pm

If I recall correctly, Team Galactic revived as a 70's guild. But they're not active though, just have 70s alts there.
Back to top Go down
Symitri

Symitri

That 70's Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: That 70's Guild   That 70's Guild EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 11:11 am

Quote :
Zul Aman

*glare*

By now everyone should have heard about Zul'Aman and its lawless, foul-mouthed blanket statements. In case you haven't heard or have even forgotten, allow me to refresh your memory. Here's a quick review: There are lots of weepy, wimpy flower children out there who are always whining that I'm being too harsh in my criticisms of Zul'Aman. I wish such people would wake up and realize that if Zul'Aman had lived the short, sickly, miserable life of a chattel serf in the ages "before technocracy" it wouldn't be so keen to utilize legal, above-ground organizing in combination with illegal, underground tactics to trade fundamental human rights for a cheap "guarantee" of safety and security. Maybe it'd even begin to realize that it has a natural talent for complaining. It can find any aspect of life and whine about it for hours upon hours. Zul'Aman's eccentricity is surpassed only by its vanity and its vanity is surpassed only by its empty theorizing. (Remember its theory that it can distort the facts and get away with it?)

There should be a law against this. It vehemently denies that, of course. But it obviously would because it wants to put the gods of heaven into the corner as obsolete and outmoded and, in their stead, burn incense to the idol Mammon. Faugh.

Despite total incompetence, Zul'Aman is often afflicted with an amazing conceit that causes it to perpetuate myths that glorify Chekism. Zul'Aman's policy of breaking down our communities must not go unchallenged. To leave it unchallenged is to condone Zul'Aman's grandiose plans for world hegemony, plans in which no one is free to say that Zul'Aman's partisans are unified under a common goal. That goal is to unleash carnage and barbarity.

No matter how bad you think Zul'Aman's campaigns of malice and malignity are, I assure you that they are far, far worse than you think. When surveyed, only two percent of Zul'Aman's apostles agreed with the statement, "Zul'Aman's biases are a mixture of shiftless self-righteousness and stupid duplicity." This is a frightening statistic to those who rely on, or simply support, social tolerance and open-mindedness. In a recent tell-all, a former member of Zul'Aman's cabal writes that "Zul'Aman's torchbearers have discounted their brain as a useless organ". Those are some pretty harsh words even when one considers that if we transform our culture of war and violence into a culture of peace and nonviolence then the sea of mercantalism, on which Zul'Aman so heavily relies, will begin to dry up. If I may be so bold, this is not the first time I've wanted to shout back at Zul'Aman's propaganda. But it is the first time I realized that uncompromising and otiose, its conjectures resemble a dilapidated shed. Kick in the door and the whole rotten structure will collapse, proving my claim that sometimes I think that Zul'Aman is simply a willing pawn of those warped carpetbaggers who make a mockery of the term "parasympathomimetic". I typically drop that willing-pawn notion, however, whenever I remember that Zul'Aman motivates people to join its peuplade by using words like "humanity", "compassion", and "unity". This is a great deception. What Zul'Aman really wants to do is create division in the name of diversity. That's why if I wanted to brainwash and manipulate a large segment of the population, I would convince them that arriving at a true state of comprehension is too difficult and/or time-consuming. In fact, that's exactly what Zul'Aman does as part of its quest to introduce disease, ignorance, squalor, idleness, and want into affluent neighborhoods.

The basal lie that underlies all of Zul'Aman's contumelious slogans is that what I call snappish bozos should be given absolute authority to step on other people's toes. Translation: Zul'Aman values our perspectives. I doubt you need any help from me to identify the supreme idiocy of those views but you should nevertheless be aware that many people respond to Zul'Aman's headlong lamentations in much the same way that they respond to television dramas. They watch them; they talk about them; but they feel no overwhelming compulsion to do anything about them. That's why I insist we follow through on the critical work that has already begun. In order to solve the big problems with Zul'Aman we must first understand these problems, and to understand them, we must take the mechanisms, language, ideology, and phraseology for determining what is right and what is wrong out of the hands of it and its dupes and put them back in the hands of ordinary people. Zul'Aman is one of the world's major voices of ruffianism. There's nothing controversial about that view. It's a fact, pure and simple. It was a fact long before anyone realized that it's my understanding that our attempts to demand a thoughtful analysis and resolution of our problems with Zul'Aman have so far served only as a divertissement for Zul'Aman and its lackeys. As long as I live, I will be shouting this truth from rooftops and doing everything I can to build a better world, a cleaner world, a safer world, and a saner world.

If we're to effectively carry out our responsibilities and make a future for ourselves, we will first have to stop defending the unambitious status quo and, instead, implement a bold, new agenda for change. Given Zul'Aman's current mind-set, I am worried about a new physiognomy of servitude, a compliant citizenry relieved of its burdens by a "compassionate" Zul'Aman. It's hard to spot the compassion when you notice that some people say that that isn't sufficient evidence to prove that Zul'Aman is secretly scheming to create some abhorrent, pseudo-psychological profile of me to discredit my opinions. And I must agree; one needs much more evidence than that. But the evidence is there, for anyone who isn't afraid to look at it. Just look at the way that only through education can individuals gain the independent tools they need to fight for what is right. But the first step is to acknowledge that for those of us who make our living trying to fight the good fight, it is important to consider that it wants to spit on sacred icons. What's wrong with that? What's wrong is Zul'Aman's gossamer grasp of reality.

Doesn't Zul'Aman ever get tired of calling everyone a depraved, gruesome skinhead? The dominant characteristic of Zul'Aman's precepts is not that they let us know exactly what our attitudes should be towards various types of people and behavior, but that, in the bargain, they require schoolchildren to be taught that factionalism is the key to world peace. Many people have witnessed Zul'Aman substitute breast-beating and schwarmerei for action and honest debate. Zul'Aman generally insists that its witnesses are mistaken and blames its obtuse criticisms on the worst sorts of brainless sciolists there are. It's like it has no-fault insurance against personal responsibility. What's more, my sources tell me that Zul'Aman intends to foment acrimonious forms of political tyranny before the year is over. Not on my watch! I am therefore calling upon all good citizens to extricate as many people as possible from its grip.

Fetishism is one of the legs upon which Zul'Aman's theories stand. I explained the reason for that just a moment ago. If you don't mind, though, I'll go ahead and explain it again. To begin with, its ultimata have kept us separated for too long from the love, contributions, and challenges of our brothers and sisters in this wonderful adventure we share together—life! Zul'Aman insists that it has no choice but to get everyone to march in lockstep with its officious apple-polishers. Its reasoning is that drug money is being used to pay for the construction of huge underground cities intended to house both humans and aliens who serve a secret, transnational shadow government. Yes, I realize that that argument makes no sense, but if you're the type who dares to think for yourself, then you've probably already determined that I've never bothered Zul'Aman. Yet Zul'Aman wants to needle and wheedle narrow-minded loudmouths (also known as Zul'Aman's grunts) into Zul'Aman's den of thieves. Whatever happened to "live and let live"?

Zul'Aman does not play nice with others. That's not something that we learn in school—though it should be. That's not something that we emote about while watching movies and TV shows—though it should be. What it is is something that tells us loudly and clearly that Zul'Aman wants to be the one who determines what information we have access to. Yet it is also a big proponent of a particularly feebleminded form of irreligionism. Do you see something wrong with that picture? What I see is that Zul'Aman fully intends to condone illegal activities. But that's not enough, not for it. Zul'Aman will additionally turn me, a typically mild-mannered person, into a loud vat of insurrectionism, which is why I believe that I'm at loggerheads with it on at least one important issue. Namely, Zul'Aman argues that people are pawns to be used and manipulated. I take the opposite position, that purists may object to my failure to present specific examples of Zul'Aman's selfish, out-of-touch communications. Fortunately, I do have an explanation for this omission. The explanation demands an understanding of how if Zul'Aman were to leave behind a wake of stolid reaction, social upheaval and violence would follow. It is therefore clear that Zul'Aman's faculty for deception is so far above anyone else's, it really must be considered different in kind as well as in degree.

Some of us have an opportunity to come in contact with disrespectful guttersnipes on a regular basis at work or in school. We, therefore, may be able to gain some insight into the way they think, into their values; we may be able to understand why they want to use paid informants and provocateurs to make mountains out of molehills. This is not the place to develop that subject. It demands many pages of analysis, which I can't spare in this letter. Instead, I'll just state the key point, which is that Zul'Aman has stated that we're supposed to shut up and smile when it says nefarious things. One clear inference from that statement—an inference that is never really disavowed—is that honor counts for nothing. Now that's just malignant. Let me leave you with one last thought: The older Zul'Aman gets, the more closed-minded it becomes.
Back to top Go down
Rhodie

That 70's Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: That 70's Guild   That 70's Guild EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 2:33 pm

HEY SYM.

TLDR.
Back to top Go down
Gallowyn
Officer
Gallowyn

That 70's Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: That 70's Guild   That 70's Guild EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 3:03 pm

OH HAI SYM ~~ !!

That 70's Guild 800pxrainbowdiagramroyg
Back to top Go down
Symitri

Symitri

That 70's Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: That 70's Guild   That 70's Guild EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 5:32 pm

Let us commence a journey into the much-traveled topic of Gallowyn's unendurable attempts to violate strongly held principles regarding deferral of current satisfaction for long-term gains. What follows is a set of observations I have made about hideous schmoes (especially the mephitic type). You, of course, now need some hard evidence that few things in life are as enjoyable as watching newly enlightened people warn the public against those disingenuous vandals whose positive accomplishments are always practically nil but whose conceit can scarcely be excelled. Well, how about this for evidence: That fact is simply inescapable to any thinking man or woman. "Thinking" is the key word in the previous sentence. Gallowyn's dirty dream is starting to come true. Liberties are being killed by attrition. Marxism is being installed by accretion. The only way that we can reverse these obscene, reprehensible trends is to speak out against impulsive windbags. To be precise, I would like to comment on his attempt to associate interdenominationalism with obstructionism. There is no association.

Some predaceous heretics actually suspect that Gallowyn values our perspectives. This is the kind of muddled thinking that Gallowyn is encouraging with his beliefs. Even worse, all those who raise their voice against this brainwashing campaign are denounced as moonstruck, grotesque cads. I am convinced that there will be a strong effort on his part to cashier anyone who tries to do something good for others in the near future. This effort will be disguised, of course. It will be cloaked in deceit, as such efforts always are. That's why I'm informing you that Gallowyn's desire to dissolve the bonds that join individuals to their natural communities is the chief sign that he's a stinking mafia don. (The second sign is that Gallowyn feels obliged to lure the oleaginous into his gestapo.)

Being the analytical sort that I am, I would have to say that Gallowyn decries or dismisses capitalism, technology, industrialization, and systems of government borne of Enlightenment ideas about the dignity and freedom of human beings. These are the things that he fears because they are wedded to individual initiative and responsibility. You know what? He relies on sweeping generalizations to "prove" that he is the ultimate authority on what's right and what's wrong. To pretend otherwise is nothing but hypocrisy and unwillingness to face the more unpleasant realities of life. At no time in the past did audacious shysters shamble through the streets of cities, demanding rights they imagine some supernatural power has bestowed upon them. Let me close by reminding you that the statements I made about Gallowyn in this letter are in earnest. I will not equivocate. I will not excuse. I will not retreat a single inch. And I will be heard.
Back to top Go down
Xiphias

Xiphias

That 70's Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: That 70's Guild   That 70's Guild EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 6:10 pm

Aha! The complaint generator! I see what you did there sir!

http://www.pakin.org/complaint

>_>
Back to top Go down
Symitri

Symitri

That 70's Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: That 70's Guild   That 70's Guild EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 11:28 pm

Sadly there isn't a complaint generator suited enough towards my severe disdain for ZA or for Gallowyn and Shiro knowing exactly why I heat up like an female elephant during mating season when it's mentioned.
Back to top Go down
imzra
Officer
imzra

That 70's Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: That 70's Guild   That 70's Guild EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 4:03 am

sym doesnt have the zul aman bear?

the ARMANI bear?

really?
Back to top Go down
Symitri

Symitri

That 70's Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: That 70's Guild   That 70's Guild EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 11:25 am

That 70's Guild Halolz-dot-com-worldofwarcraft-nogirlfriendchart YOU BIIIIIIIIIIIIIISH

Of course you're married so that kind of ruins this insult for me Sad
Back to top Go down
Rhodie

That 70's Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: That 70's Guild   That 70's Guild EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 11:28 am

/pat Sym

Don't worry, you'll get your own amani war bear as soon as Blizzard decides to sell them for cash!
Back to top Go down
Kren

Kren

That 70's Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: That 70's Guild   That 70's Guild EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 1:16 pm

Symitri wrote:
That 70's Guild Halolz-dot-com-worldofwarcraft-nogirlfriendchart

ily.
Back to top Go down
Symitri

Symitri

That 70's Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: That 70's Guild   That 70's Guild EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 10:31 pm

Everybody loves me!

Not sure how I feel about ex-dwarves though. Their orgasm face is scary.

That 70's Guild Irseereusdwarf
Back to top Go down
Pocketheals

Pocketheals

That 70's Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: That 70's Guild   That 70's Guild EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 5:30 pm

If I had only known the depths of grief I would have caused by the mention of ZA.... I think I would have just stuck with the mention of Kara!
Back to top Go down
Symitri

Symitri

That 70's Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: That 70's Guild   That 70's Guild EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 11:25 pm

... Kara...

That 70's Guild Moroes-Camping

Note that we're at the entrance.

Note Moroes.

Yes, Moroes camped my raid team in Kara.

There isn't a single place you can mention that doesn't have a woeful tale attached.
Back to top Go down
Mayonnaise

Mayonnaise

Location : Between 2 slices of lettuce, tomatoes and 2 grilled beef patties

That 70's Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: That 70's Guild   That 70's Guild EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 2:39 pm

And then...there is Aran Sad
Back to top Go down
Pocketheals

Pocketheals

That 70's Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: That 70's Guild   That 70's Guild EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 10:30 am

I remember Nightbane.... I remember when one our holy pallies (not me) bubbled the tank accidentally before the pull.....there's nothing more frightening than seeing an undead dragon coming after you when you're not the tank!
Back to top Go down
shironeko

shironeko

That 70's Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: That 70's Guild   That 70's Guild EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 1:44 pm

Oh man, Nightbane. I remember wanting so much to tank Nightbane. But they always used another tank 'coz she hits like a ton of bricks. -sighs-
Back to top Go down
http://technoneko.wordpress.com
Kaziopoeia

Kaziopoeia

That 70's Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: That 70's Guild   That 70's Guild EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 3:19 pm

lets do it again then shiro... you can tank now
Back to top Go down
shironeko

shironeko

That 70's Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: That 70's Guild   That 70's Guild EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 4:24 pm

My druid's level 50! Only 20 levels more to go! Then I'll tank. heeheehee.
Back to top Go down
Pocketheals

Pocketheals

That 70's Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: That 70's Guild   That 70's Guild EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 9:52 am

My DK is already 71!.... 2 weeks for you to respond... =_="
Back to top Go down
Symitri

Symitri

That 70's Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: That 70's Guild   That 70's Guild EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 12:19 pm

Expect to wait another year, Shiro is the queen of speed at levelling!
Back to top Go down
Thaifighter

That 70's Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: That 70's Guild   That 70's Guild EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 12:24 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
shironeko

shironeko

That 70's Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: That 70's Guild   That 70's Guild EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 12:58 pm

So much Shiro love. SO MUCH.
Back to top Go down
Symitri

Symitri

That 70's Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: That 70's Guild   That 70's Guild EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 3:45 pm

That 70's Guild SHIWO
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

That 70's Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: That 70's Guild   That 70's Guild Empty

Back to top Go down

That 70's Guild
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BoObs  :: General :: Chit-chat and News-
Jump to: