BoObs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ruby/Emerald Void for Dildo...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaziopoeia

Kaziopoeia

Ruby/Emerald Void for Dildo... Empty
PostSubject: Ruby/Emerald Void for Dildo...   Ruby/Emerald Void for Dildo... EmptyThu May 13, 2010 10:32 am

Hey Gothic... as promised.

1) you need to make a macro put it on your bars and have it on a keybind. if you don't have it keybound then you won't be able to see it when you mount up

2) make sure you're party leader

3) make sure everyone's got DBM

the macro is as follows

/dbm broadcast timer 11 #1Odli
/dbm broadcast timer 26 #2Shiro
/dbm broadcast timer 41 #3Gellon
/dbm broadcast timer 56 #4Sym
/dbm broadcast timer 71 #5Kaz
/dbm broadcast timer 86 #6Odli
/dbm broadcast timer 101 #7Shiro
/dbm broadcast timer 116 #8Gellon

just change the names as appropriate but don't make them too long... you don't have many spare characters.
The reason the old one doesn't work is that /rw doesn't work in a party any more.

Pull the boss and the 1st timestop goes off after 11 seconds... (don't pull with timestop. Player 5 (kaz above) does the 1st channelling while people build stacks... then while the other 4 channel he will fire. repeat and rinse.

This method isn't infallible but it's worked for me in 2 Pugs
Back to top Go down
Symitri

Symitri

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/Emerald Void for Dildo...   Ruby/Emerald Void for Dildo... EmptyThu May 13, 2010 1:05 pm

Pugging Occulus is like going into a random house and asking them to operate on your gangrenous foot. That is to say, FUCKING PAINFUL AND DISAPPOINTING.
Back to top Go down
Kaziopoeia

Kaziopoeia

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/Emerald Void for Dildo...   Ruby/Emerald Void for Dildo... EmptyThu May 13, 2010 1:18 pm

I'm really at a loss as to why people hate occy so much... I ALWAYS seem to get it on the random dungeon. we almost never wipe

check this
http://www.pugchecker.com/index.php?name=kaziopoeia&server=Nagrand-US&x=0&y=0

I don't CHOOSE occy... but you can see how often I've ended up doing it compared to the other dungeons.
Anyway the point is I'm not saying you should do it in a pug, but the point is that with the buffs to Occy it's actually feasable... so therefore, get the script above, and some guildies and you can faceroll it.
Back to top Go down
Symitri

Symitri

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/Emerald Void for Dildo...   Ruby/Emerald Void for Dildo... EmptyThu May 13, 2010 1:51 pm

I don't mind Ocullus with guildies but it seems whenever I pug it I get people who have never done it before and I need to explain every minute detail to them. Doing it with randoms who have done it before isn't too bad, though its hardly the best of the world.

People barely know how to play their own class most of the time, how can you expect them to actually learn something different Smile
Back to top Go down
Junek
Officer
Junek

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/Emerald Void for Dildo...   Ruby/Emerald Void for Dildo... EmptyThu May 13, 2010 2:49 pm

Occulus has been so nerfed now it is not hard anymore. The problem is it is a long instance.

The most important thing is you need one person to step up and guide the way as there is an order of what mobs to kill first. Alot of the instance is kill X mobs and than fly to another platform and kill mobs.

It makes things alot easier if someone knows the way.

The color drakes doesn't matter anymore either as it is simple to kill the end boss using many combination of drakes.
Back to top Go down
Symitri

Symitri

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/Emerald Void for Dildo...   Ruby/Emerald Void for Dildo... EmptyThu May 13, 2010 4:15 pm

It's... long? O_o
Back to top Go down
Junek
Officer
Junek

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/Emerald Void for Dildo...   Ruby/Emerald Void for Dildo... EmptyThu May 13, 2010 4:19 pm

I find it long some runs. That's because people fly off in different directions.

There is also one guy that doesn't know the way but pretends he does and ends up aggroing the flying mobs and than you end up spending extra time having to kill those ones first.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/Emerald Void for Dildo...   Ruby/Emerald Void for Dildo... Empty

Back to top Go down

Ruby/Emerald Void for Dildo...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BoObs  :: General :: Chit-chat and News-
Jump to: