BoObs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Teron Gorefiend preparation

Go down 
+3
Aeriagloris
Salji
Valdr
7 posters

Class check
Druids ready
Teron Gorefiend preparation I_vote_lcap13%Teron Gorefiend preparation I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
Priests ready
Teron Gorefiend preparation I_vote_lcap13%Teron Gorefiend preparation I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
Shamans ready
Teron Gorefiend preparation I_vote_lcap0%Teron Gorefiend preparation I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Warlocks ready
 13% [ 1 ]
Mages ready
Teron Gorefiend preparation I_vote_lcap0%Teron Gorefiend preparation I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Warriors ready
Teron Gorefiend preparation I_vote_lcap25%Teron Gorefiend preparation I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
Paladins ready
 13% [ 1 ]
Rogues ready
 13% [ 1 ]
Hunters ready
 13% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Valdr
Officer
Valdr

Teron Gorefiend preparation Empty
PostSubject: Teron Gorefiend preparation   Teron Gorefiend preparation EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 4:00 pm

Teron Gorefiend is the next boss after Shade of Akama and very likely we'll attempt him this Thursday.

Players will get randomly turned into ghosts and they will need to kill their contructs *solo*. Failure to do so WILL wipe the raid.

To avoid a session of mindless wipes from players who have no clue what to do as ghosts, everyone needs to have read the strat AND played the Teron ghost game to practice what to do on constructs.

I suggest that class leaders actively and verbally ping their respective class raiders to do it and get confirmation back. There are people who hardly read the forums.

Teron guide: http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?page=294
Ghost tutorial video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MmuJDUmqoA&feature=related
Ghost game: http://www.ferox-horde.de/feroxtgs2/

Please post here when your all raiders in the class have read the guide and played the game. Hanci says it's a huge amount of trash to clear from Akama to Teron, so let's not waste the attempts.

Oyvid, you mentioned also of some guilds that walks through the tactics using youtube and vent before the raid. I think it's necessary for Teron.

Last edited by Daedaluzz on Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:44 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : removed sticky)
Back to top Go down
Salji

Salji

PostSubject: Re: Teron Gorefiend preparation   Teron Gorefiend preparation EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 2:10 am

hunter ready! (theres no poll for hunters T_T)
Back to top Go down
Aeriagloris

Aeriagloris

PostSubject: Re: Teron Gorefiend preparation   Teron Gorefiend preparation EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 6:42 am

can't wait to have the fight! Evil or Very Mad the mini game was real fun lol
Back to top Go down
Spendrak
Admin
Spendrak

PostSubject: Re: Teron Gorefiend preparation   Teron Gorefiend preparation EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 12:26 pm

The KEY thing in this encounter is killing ghosts

- Keybindings

To set keybindings directly for your pet bar, go into the keybindings options and look at "Secondary Action Button". 3, 4 and 5 are the ones you need to have bound -- the defaults are Ctrl-3, Ctrl-4 and Ctrl-5. Alternatively, you can make macros and put them on your action bar somewhere (I do this as I'm a feral druid and don't need my caster form abilities much). A sample macro is simply:

/click PetActionButton3

Change the 3 to 4 and 5 in separate macros, then pop those on your bars

- Pet Buttons

for non-pet classes (warrs, rogues, pallies, druids) - make sure your pet bars are not hidden by a mod (good way to check is to do the Chess event in Karazhan)

- Ghost Abilities

button3: Lance - You will be applying this on EACH construct (need to target one by one)
Note: tab-targeting does not work for this, best way is to click on nameplates in turn (Ctrl-V to display nameplates)
button4: Shackle - You will use this EVERY time it is up and it will be the FIRST thing you use
button5: AE- You will use this AFTER you have snared all 4 constructs

- Ability Rotation

1. Shackle all 4 ghosts
2. Lance each of 4 constructs one by one
3. AoE them
4. Lance each of 4 constructs one by one (in same order as step 2)
5. Go back to step 1.
Back to top Go down
izzia
Officer
izzia

PostSubject: Re: Teron Gorefiend preparation   Teron Gorefiend preparation EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 1:39 pm

Some pple advise not to AoE as you may break chained constructs nearby.
Just make sure you ice lance in the same sequence/order of constructs.
Back to top Go down
Luvme
Officer
Luvme

PostSubject: Re: Teron Gorefiend preparation   Teron Gorefiend preparation EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 1:55 pm

Actually no need to be sequence. Just make sure IL is on all constructs and keep more IL on the faster constructs. Of cos need to rotate IL here n there too.
Back to top Go down
Spendrak
Admin
Spendrak

PostSubject: Re: Teron Gorefiend preparation   Teron Gorefiend preparation EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 2:07 pm

Luvme wrote:
Actually no need to be sequence. Just make sure IL is on all constructs and keep more IL on the faster constructs. Of cos need to rotate IL here n there too.

Not everyone is used to this play style, especially for classes that usually deal with single targets. The example ability rotation is to make it clearer - players can use whatever rotation/sequence that works.
Back to top Go down
Luvme
Officer
Luvme

PostSubject: Re: Teron Gorefiend preparation   Teron Gorefiend preparation EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 2:22 pm

Spendrak wrote:

Not everyone is used to this play style, especially for classes that usually deal with single targets. The example ability rotation is to make it clearer - players can use whatever rotation/sequence that works.

Rogues?? Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Junek
Officer
Junek

PostSubject: Re: Teron Gorefiend preparation   Teron Gorefiend preparation EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 3:49 pm

The flash game is a really great help to prepare us for the constructs. One thing I wish they did was reversed it. Since we should position ourselves between the raid and the constructs we will need to be moving backwards.

The most important part will be the first person that receives the "shadow of death". If he is successful he will be able to help the next person. It is very important that we know how to help someone... if we don't do it right we may end up doing more harm than good.

"As well, since you are the pro, you should know the RIGHT method for assisting fellow ghosted players. Namely, you should track down any loose ghosts if there are any first and foremost. If there are not, and the next guy is about to pop ahead of you, help him out using this method. 1- Wait for that player to shackle 2- Use your AE to break all of his shackles 3- Use your shackled ASAP so that no mob moves 4- Target one spirit and nuke it down all the way at a time 5-Repeat from Step 1. If you are good, you can ensure that the next ghosted player after you has NO problems whatsoever and can in turn help out the next person after them, creating a positive work flow on the ghosts."

One thing to remember is to only break other persons shackle when your own shackle is not on cooldown. Otherwise you will probably do more harm than good.

We have to not only know how to kill our own constructs but assist others in a way that helps them.

The aoe helps alot but it is not a must. The most important will be the shackle and ice lance. The key will be rotating the ice lance and making it stack. It stacks up to 3 times... once you stacked it the mobs are really slow and easy to kill. A good time to aoe is when you have 3 ice lance stacked on the mobs... than you aoe and shackle them again.

I talked to some people from my old server that has this on farm. They said it is not a difficult encounter at all... will just take a bit of time for everyone to get comfortable with killing the constructs. The key is the first person getting successful kills and assisting the others correctly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Teron Gorefiend preparation   Teron Gorefiend preparation Empty

Back to top Go down

Teron Gorefiend preparation
Page 1 of 1