BoObs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Olympic mood

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Valdr
Officer
Valdr

Olympic mood Empty
PostSubject: Olympic mood   Olympic mood EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 4:56 am

Ni hao! Some nuggets from the Beijing Olympics:

Theme song: You and me

Beijing welcomes you:
Back to top Go down
seladang
Officer
seladang

Olympic mood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olympic mood   Olympic mood EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 7:58 am

which song was it that they used a different singer who was pretending to sing the original song for Olympics? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Spendrak
Admin
Spendrak

Olympic mood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olympic mood   Olympic mood EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 3:16 pm

cool, 2nd vid: a who's who in the chinese pop scene. must admit i don't know some of the faces. Pretty good production values too. first vid: nice natural shots of ordinary ppl, camera must have been rolling while director told them dirty jokes. lol.
Back to top Go down
Talulah

Talulah

Olympic mood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olympic mood   Olympic mood EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 4:36 pm

To answer Sel, the first video was sung by the two performers shown in the video, atop the globe in the opening ceremony.

The Girl who lip-synced, but did not actually sing the song, was nine years old. I could tell she wasn't actually singing the song during the opening ceremony, but I thought they at least were using her voice. Unfortunately they weren't.

I suppose the Chinese party officials who made the decision to do this were unfamiliar with free press, and therefore wouldn't have known what a ravenous pack of piranhas the International press can be when you give them something like this to harp on about.

Still, I was thoroughly impressed by the opening ceremony. The fire works and various dances and demonstrations, and the wire work was most impressive at all.

I cannot imagine another country ever doing a better job, for all the brouhaha over lip-syncing and foggy fireworks displays. It was truly a new level, a new standard has been set.
Back to top Go down
http://profiles.friendster.com/95784416
Sponsored content

Olympic mood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olympic mood   Olympic mood Empty

Back to top Go down

Olympic mood
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BoObs  :: General :: Chit-chat and News-
Jump to: