BoObs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The "I Quit" thread

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Neonate

Neonate

The "I Quit" thread Empty
PostSubject: The "I Quit" thread   The "I Quit" thread EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 6:32 am

*Disclaimer: The "hidden message" is not aimed at anyone, it is something I found after composing this note*

Apparently there is a "hidden message" in this thread. Can you spot it?

By the way, not that it matters but most of you already know or would have guessed it in any case. I will be leaving WoW for WAR.

I have made a choice back in June and the reason is simple. I know, for sure, I will leave WoW (temporarily or otherwise) once WAR is live. Since I will be retiring my toons (besides the fact that I cannot make it into raids on time due to real life issues) the only viable choice of "gearing" up is PVP instead of through PVE (since I am leaving, it would be unfair to other members if I do make it into raids). Well, at least this way I will have the ability to "level up" if I ever return when WotLK is released. Why am I explaining this anyways? You can take it whichever way you want it Razz

Given the luxury and the amount of time I have, my chances of playing WoW (or when WotLK is released) are there, just not "full-time". Even if I do, I will probably just do what I always do. I am such a honor whore which is why I believe WAR will be good for me because it is a PVP oriented MMO.

Even with WotLK looming over us, it will basically contain new places to explore and a new class with the same grind (leveling your exisiting 70s, reputation, gear, etc). Well, I am not saying it is not going be fun, I am just saying I am not sure how long I can continue to "chase" gear.

Personally, I tend to have emotional attachments to characters I spent significant amount of time on. That said, I will leave my account open as part of my "MMO account collection" (DAoC, CoX, EQ1/2, SWG and UO).

Either ways, I will still log onto WoW in my free time or when I am bored. So please, if possible, do not boot me from guild. I do not wish to look like a guildless farmer when/if I log on Razz

Eventually those who are interested / hate in "playing" with me (in WAR I mean) will know which server I will be on / avoid. Honestly, I cannot stress this enough, I am not trying in any way to "pull" or convince any person into playing WAR. You will have to try it to like it and play what you like not just because it's popular. Both are and will be great games, "We need to get past the WoW vs WAR debate and realize that the playing field is big enough for everyone".

Now, WoW has taken 4 years off me but it has been fun regardless. I hope it will be fun for you too and wish you good luck in-game and IRL. Anyways, I just wanted to get this out my way before I go on a "shopping" trip starting 3rd to 9th
Back to top Go down

The "I Quit" thread
Page 1 of 1