BoObs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WAR beta review

Go down 
+7
NetherFury
Bllue
Gallowyn
Neonate
imzra
Luvme
Spendrak
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Spendrak
Admin
Spendrak

WAR beta review - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WAR beta review   WAR beta review - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 7:22 pm

An early beta review, apparently the basic toon customization options are > WoW but < AoC:

My biggest complaint with the graphics is the characters. Their faces are fairly uninspiring. That may be because it’s beta and we’re not seeing the finished product (there are only two male characters available on the Chaos side at the moment, with two face options each). Characters also seem smaller in the environment than they do in WoW, which can be unsettling when you’re used to one game perspective.

The details on the face may be a deliberate design decision. In Dark Age of Camelot, when you had a couple hundred people on screen at once, the servers had to load all the character and equipment details. In a game where you’re expecting massive battles again, you’ve got to consider the level of complexity in your models.

http://slashrandom.wordpress.com/2008/08/22/war-graphics-a-look-back-into-the-early-beta/

this review talks more at length about the aesthetics of the game; sorry guys for not dwelling on this very important aspect of gaming earlier.

Talking about aesthetics, I've recently invested 9.99 euros in this newly developed Estee Lauder Signature Hydra Lustre Lipstick. It abandons the traditional beeswax that had been at the heart of lipstick for years.

It had worked well because it was a hard wax that melted easily but it had a yellow tint and there was a variance in the depth of color between lots. A more vibrant lipstick required a clear wax.

Thus, a new synthetic wax became the new emollient and a new blend of esters and silicones were added for shine. The biggest change in the DNA of lipstick is that all the materials have been morphed into a single complex ingredient instead of adding each one individually, greatly improving consistency.

Oh, I happen to have a picture of my brand new shiny lipstick too:

WAR beta review - Page 2 Lipsti10

dunno why they gave me 2 caps?
Back to top Go down
Neonate

Neonate

PostSubject: Re: WAR beta review   WAR beta review - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 11:05 pm

I smell a small man with great jealousy. ^

imzra wrote:
same here, ima dinosaur too

1 thing i like about wow and why i think its so succesfull is because of the graphic, its so light on the pc yet it manages to look interesting

hows the PC requirements on WAR? id hate to upgrade just to play it which i wont if i have to...no money ma Sad but witch hunter looks sooooo cool !!

and sweet PC you have there stef by the way

/kiss

Anyways, Imzra, WAR specs can be found here. It's pretty low almost as low as WoW. So if u can run WoW, you are likely to be able run WAR.
Back to top Go down
Bllue
Officer
Bllue

PostSubject: Re: WAR beta review   WAR beta review - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 12:27 am

Quote :
A glass mirror cabinet for WWII 1/35. 1/32 modern planes, Star Wars plastic models and some Lego. I have never really enjoy doing anything more than spray/hand painting those but WoW suck me right in. I still do some in my free time though. Like the unfinished black F-16 in the left corner. I might actually finish it while waiting for WAR. Either that or finish up my last 2 level in CoV

wa. kewl..
so can i visit u pls? i need to see closer. Laughing
i considered your casing before. it looks kewl. but in the end i bought the cooler master casing.
Back to top Go down
Bllue
Officer
Bllue

PostSubject: Re: WAR beta review   WAR beta review - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 12:28 am

oh ya, i like spend's lipstick too. looks vaguely familiar.
hehe.
Back to top Go down
Spendrak
Admin
Spendrak

PostSubject: Re: WAR beta review   WAR beta review - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 11:09 am

WAR gone gold!

Said prolific Mythic CEO Mark Jacobs, "We've done our best to create the next great MMORPG experience, but it's the fans that will bring our world to life ... The Day of Reckoning approaches and it's going to be glorious! It's time to go to WAR." The game is set to launch in North America, Europe, and Oceania on the same day, meaning that all across the world we'll be readying for WAR together.

http://www.massively.com/2008/08/26/warhammer-online-has-gone-gold/

Neonate wrote:

Clueless; get your nose checked by the way. I know a nice expensive clinic on Orchard Road.
Back to top Go down
imzra
Officer
imzra

PostSubject: Re: WAR beta review   WAR beta review - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 11:15 am

lol im not jealous at all

im self centered

i have an old pc

but yet im uber with my spankin handsome hawt pally imzra

im just not lucky to have a big wallet Sad

but i got the best thing in life

i got Daphnie

and Daphnie pwns all

Razz

did i mention im self centered?

oh and watch out for my uber witch hunter since my pc can take it

/kiss

Last edited by imzra on Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:19 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : missed /kiss again, anyone know how to make it my sig)
Back to top Go down
Bllue
Officer
Bllue

PostSubject: Re: WAR beta review   WAR beta review - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 12:11 pm

Quote :
Last edited by imzra on Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:19 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : missed /kiss again, anyone know how to make it my sig)

its in profile/signature.

i think i might test war earlier than i previously thought. so many friends playing would be more fun. anyone know how much is the CE version?
Back to top Go down
Neonate

Neonate

PostSubject: Re: WAR beta review   WAR beta review - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 1:46 pm

imzra wrote:
lol im not jealous at all

/kiss
Anyways, that post is not for you, Imzra. It's meant for someone that likes "epeen".

Spendrak wrote:
WAR gone gold!

Said prolific Mythic CEO Mark Jacobs, "We've done our best to create the next great MMORPG experience, but it's the fans that will bring our world to life ... The Day of Reckoning approaches and it's going to be glorious! It's time to go to WAR." The game is set to launch in North America, Europe, and Oceania on the same day, meaning that all across the world we'll be readying for WAR together.

http://www.massively.com/2008/08/26/warhammer-online-has-gone-gold/

Neonate wrote:

Clueless; get your nose checked by the way. I know a nice expensive clinic on Orchard Road.

Anyways, final thanks goes to Spendrak for all the "epeen" post (which I see and take it as a personal attack). It is ok, do not stress it though (lose hair much?). Maybe one day you will make it "big". In fact, I do a few nice ones. From boob job to hair treatment to brain check.

On-topic. WARDB has been up and running for afew days now. It is something like WoWhead where you can look up items, quests, etc. By no means it is complete (since WAR is still in Beta).
Back to top Go down
Neonate

Neonate

PostSubject: Re: WAR beta review   WAR beta review - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 1:50 pm

Bllue wrote:
Quote :
Last edited by imzra on Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:19 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : missed /kiss again, anyone know how to make it my sig)

its in profile/signature.

i think i might test war earlier than i previously thought. so many friends playing would be more fun. anyone know how much is the CE version?

S$129 off Tec-Drome (#05-78, Sim Lim Square). I believe GameScore (#05-05 Funan DigitaLife Mall, I think) has it too, not sure about price though.
Back to top Go down
Oyvid
Officer
Oyvid

PostSubject: Re: WAR beta review   WAR beta review - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 3:31 pm

Quote :

Anyways, final thanks goes to Spendrak for all the "epeen" post (which I see and take it as a personal attack). It is ok, do not stress it though (lose hair much?). Maybe one day you will make it "big". In fact, I do a few nice ones. From boob job to hair treatment to brain check.

Break it up children...

Gallowyn all your fault. While jesting about is tolerate/incited(you taunt it you tank it Gallow)/encouraged (only on maintenance day), personal attacks are not. Please keep it above belt and below head/hair.

I dun really care who's losing hair or having droopy boobs but I'm typing this in the midst of jailbreaking my iphone even tho I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing, so I might just end up being the innocent victim that need the hair/boob job if I accidentally damage my baby.

/on topic on war
Back to top Go down
Bllue
Officer
Bllue

PostSubject: Re: WAR beta review   WAR beta review - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 3:38 pm

i <3 epeen pics. more epeen pics from everyone pls (we accept gaming machines, apartments, 2 capped lipsticks and body parts).

i like WAR'2 20 classes. "oh shit, not another mage/lock/huntard/etc again"

wonder which one should i choose. any1 got a link to a summary of the classes?
Back to top Go down
Bllue
Officer
Bllue

PostSubject: Re: WAR beta review   WAR beta review - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 3:44 pm

Quote :
On-topic. WARDB has been up and running for afew days now. It is something like WoWhead where you can look up items, quests, etc. By no means it is complete (since WAR is still in Beta).

thanks neonate. great link. nice to have a database searcher too.
Back to top Go down
Gallowyn
Officer
Gallowyn

PostSubject: Re: WAR beta review   WAR beta review - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 3:47 pm

I'm under the impression that it's not 20 completely different classes, and that Chaos/Order have mostly 'mirrored' classes that are very similar if not identical.
Back to top Go down
Neonate

Neonate

PostSubject: Re: WAR beta review   WAR beta review - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 3:51 pm

Bllue wrote:
i <3 epeen pics. more epeen pics from everyone pls (we accept gaming machines, apartments, 2 capped lipsticks and body parts).

i like WAR'2 20 classes. "oh shit, not another mage/lock/huntard/etc again"

wonder which one should i choose. any1 got a link to a summary of the classes?

Either here (Official) or HammerWiki is good. Both contains information you need. And of course, HammerWiki has most of everything, ranging from Lore to gameplay.
Back to top Go down
Gallowyn
Officer
Gallowyn

PostSubject: Re: WAR beta review   WAR beta review - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 3:56 pm

Quote :
Gallowyn all your fault.
Quote :
Gallowyn all your fault.
Quote :
Gallowyn all your fault.
Quote :
Gallowyn all your fault.
Quote :
Gallowyn all your fault.

/falls dramatically into the abyss
Back to top Go down
Gallowyn
Officer
Gallowyn

PostSubject: Re: WAR beta review   WAR beta review - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 4:11 pm

By the way - is everyone planning to play Chaos?
Back to top Go down
Neonate

Neonate

PostSubject: Re: WAR beta review   WAR beta review - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 4:24 pm

Gallowyn wrote:
By the way - is everyone planning to play Chaos?

I am not sure. I read somewhere, Chaos will be over-populated (most played, more like WoW Alliance) and Order the underdog (more like WoW Horde). I have plans on rolling both anyways.

From Closed Beta experience, I did, in fact, see the difference in queue time for Scenarios between the Chaos and Order. Chaos having a longer queue time. It is not really a big of deal though since you can queue for Scenarios (starting Rank 1) and go about doing your quests, Public Quest, etc while waiting.
Back to top Go down
Gallowyn
Officer
Gallowyn

PostSubject: Re: WAR beta review   WAR beta review - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 4:27 pm

I guess I definitely lean towards Chaos in terms of the look and feel (no surprise there - natural affinity etc.). You can't roll both on the same server right? Let us know where your Chaos characters will be.
Back to top Go down
Neonate

Neonate

PostSubject: Re: WAR beta review   WAR beta review - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 4:43 pm

Gallowyn wrote:
I guess I definitely lean towards Chaos in terms of the look and feel (no surprise there - natural affinity etc.). You can't roll both on the same server right? Let us know where your Chaos characters will be.

haha, I can understand that. Chaos looks cooler anyways. Floating Disc for Magus for example. Razz

Nope, can not roll two factions on the same server.

I will let you know which server I will be on. Anyways, planning on US or Oceanic Server? It does not make any difference to me (too much time Twisted Evil), it is just nice to know (local and/or same timezone) people playing WAR on the same server.
Back to top Go down
imzra
Officer
imzra

PostSubject: Re: WAR beta review   WAR beta review - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 4:48 pm

OMG NOOOO

Arzmi = Witch hunter

Witch hunter = Empire

Empire = no one playing chaos

No one playing chaos = all pwn with imzra the witch hunter

Witch hunter = Witch hunter

Witch Hunter = wins

see ya'll on empire side

dunt let me dual shot 'omfg wtf holy water' = insta gib dead chaos you !!
Back to top Go down
Gallowyn
Officer
Gallowyn

PostSubject: Re: WAR beta review   WAR beta review - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 4:56 pm

Local server of course! Or as close to local as we can get.

Imz, roll on the same server as us k? We can help each other complete the "kill opposing player" quests hahahaha
Back to top Go down
Bllue
Officer
Bllue

PostSubject: Re: WAR beta review   WAR beta review - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 4:56 pm

imzra, u didnt do /kiss.
Back to top Go down
Neonate

Neonate

PostSubject: Re: WAR beta review   WAR beta review - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 5:00 pm

imzra wrote:
OMG NOOOO

Arzmi = Witch hunter

Witch hunter = Empire

Empire = no one playing chaos

No one playing chaos = all pwn with imzra the witch hunter

Witch hunter = Witch hunter

Witch Hunter = wins

see ya'll on empire side

dunt let me dual shot 'omfg wtf holy water' = insta gib dead chaos you !!

haha..I am planning on Shadow Warrior.
Back to top Go down
Neonate

Neonate

PostSubject: Re: WAR beta review   WAR beta review - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 5:04 pm

Gallowyn wrote:
Local server of course! Or as close to local as we can get.

Imz, roll on the same server as us k? We can help each other complete the "kill opposing player" quests hahahaha

I believe Mythic will have 3 servers (Darklands, Ironclaw and Runefang) located in Australia. Thats the closest you can get. It would be fun to have 6 "regular" players on the same server. 6 is the magic number of the max group size.
Back to top Go down
Luvme
Officer
Luvme

PostSubject: Re: WAR beta review   WAR beta review - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 5:04 pm

Are there beastmen who usually team up with Chaos?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WAR beta review   WAR beta review - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

WAR beta review
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next