BoObs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

3.1.3 Patch Notes

Go down 
+4
Boobsie
Symitri
Mayonnaise
Gallowyn
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Gallowyn
Officer
Gallowyn

3.1.3 Patch Notes Empty
PostSubject: 3.1.3 Patch Notes   3.1.3 Patch Notes EmptyWed May 27, 2009 11:22 am

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/1/17367879766-313-client-patch-notes.html

Quote :
World of Warcraft Client Patch 3.1.3

The latest patch notes can always be found at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/
The latest test realm patch notes can always be found at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/test-realm-patchnotes.html

Death Knights

Frost Presence: Armor bonus is now 60% down from 80%.

Druids

Improved Barkskin: This talent now also grants 80/160% additional armor while in Travel Form or not shapeshifted.

Improved Tree of Life: The armor bonus to Tree of Life Form from this talent has been reduced to 67/133/200% bonus armor.

Hunters

Hunter's Mark: The ranged attack power bonus from this ability has been increased from 300 to 500.

Master Marksman: This talent now also decreases the cost of Aimed Shot and Chimera Shot by 5/10/15/20/25%.

Paladins

Eye For An Eye: This talent now deals 5/10% of the critical strike damage taken by the paladin back at the attacker.

Hand of Freedom: The base duration of this buff has been reduced from 10 seconds to 6 seconds.

Rogues

Overkill: Talent redesigned. Now increases energy regeneration by 30% while stealthed, and for 20 seconds after breaking stealth.

Warlocks

Chaos Bolt: This spell no longer ignores damage reduction effects of the target.

Warriors

Blood Frenzy: This talent now provides 5/10% haste instead of 3/6%.

Bloodthirst: Cooldown reduced from 5 seconds to 4 seconds, and rage cost reduced from 30 rage to 20 rage.

Juggernaut: This talent now also increases the cooldown on Charge by 5 seconds.

Items

Death Knight PvP Gauntlets: The chance to refresh a Frost Rune when casting Chains of Ice has been removed. When equipped, these gloves now generate 5 additional runic power whenever Chains of Ice is used.

Dungeons

Ulduar

Mimiron

The flight time of Rocket Strikes has been increased, and Rocket Strikes will try to prefer players at range.

The Leviathan Mk II component of the V-07-TR-0N will become stunned during Phase 4 when the VX-001 component begins to cast the P3Wx2 Laser Barrage ability.

Proximity mines now deal less damage and have a lower duration. A small arming time has also been added so proximity mines will not immediately detonate on creation.

Bug Fixes

Druid Tier 8 Balance Set: The 4-piece bonus no longer has its effect consumed by Starfire casts in progress when it triggers. The chance for the effect to be triggered has been reduced down to 8%, as it was originally inflated to compensate.

Ice Layered Barrier: Upgraded to item level 232. In addition, the stats in the tooltip have been correctly adjusted to 78 spell power, 48 haste rating, 16 mana per 5 seconds, 52 Intellect, and 50 Stamina.

Pulsing Spellshield: The stats listed in the tooltip for this item were incorrect and have been adjusted. This item provides 69 spell power, 34 haste rating, 42 critical strike rating, 45 intellect, and 45 stamina.
Back to top Go down
Gallowyn
Officer
Gallowyn

3.1.3 Patch Notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3.1.3 Patch Notes   3.1.3 Patch Notes EmptyWed May 27, 2009 11:25 am

Quote :
Mimiron

The flight time of Rocket Strikes has been increased, and Rocket Strikes will try to prefer players at range.

The Leviathan Mk II component of the V-07-TR-0N will become stunned during Phase 4 when the VX-001 component begins to cast the P3Wx2 Laser Barrage ability.

Proximity mines now deal less damage and have a lower duration. A small arming time has also been added so proximity mines will not immediately detonate on creation.

Mimiron's getting nerfed, and we should not have any more problems with his Laser Barrage jiggle in P4.
Back to top Go down
Mayonnaise

Mayonnaise

Location : Between 2 slices of lettuce, tomatoes and 2 grilled beef patties

3.1.3 Patch Notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3.1.3 Patch Notes   3.1.3 Patch Notes EmptyWed May 27, 2009 11:35 am

Gallowyn wrote:
Quote :
Mimiron

Mimiron's getting nerfed, and we should not have any more problems with his Laser Barrage jiggle in P4.

Well at least we could still get him down before nerf Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Symitri

Symitri

3.1.3 Patch Notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3.1.3 Patch Notes   3.1.3 Patch Notes EmptyWed May 27, 2009 12:07 pm

Quote :
Frost Presence: Armor bonus is now 60% down from 80%.

MY PLAN WORKED. LEVELLING A DK TO 80 HAS NERFED THEM.

*runs before Valdr catches wind*
Back to top Go down
Gallowyn
Officer
Gallowyn

3.1.3 Patch Notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3.1.3 Patch Notes   3.1.3 Patch Notes EmptyWed May 27, 2009 12:12 pm

Shh! Quiet down, I am waiting for all the new and sexy Engineering buffs to be announced.
Back to top Go down
Boobsie
Officer
Boobsie

3.1.3 Patch Notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3.1.3 Patch Notes   3.1.3 Patch Notes EmptyWed May 27, 2009 12:16 pm

The continuing nerf of DKs... hahahaha

Blizz is trying to kill the DK population, which is probably good. Wish they had done it sooner Smile
Back to top Go down
Mayonnaise

Mayonnaise

Location : Between 2 slices of lettuce, tomatoes and 2 grilled beef patties

3.1.3 Patch Notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3.1.3 Patch Notes   3.1.3 Patch Notes EmptyWed May 27, 2009 12:16 pm

Gallowyn wrote:
Shh! Quiet down, I am waiting for all the new and sexy Engineering buffs to be announced.

/point imzra
/lol

Razz
Back to top Go down
Sederinn

Sederinn

3.1.3 Patch Notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3.1.3 Patch Notes   3.1.3 Patch Notes EmptyWed May 27, 2009 12:30 pm

u know they are giving prot pallies another tanking ability? no1 knows what yet but they've confirmed it, and this is such a good patch they are fixing those stupid frost presence dk's in arena which was just ridiculous, try going against a resto druid, frost dk...pain, the tree of life nerf YES! hell yea, the rogue buff (they needed it), warrior NERF HELL YEA arms warriors, fury warrior buff yes they needed the pve buff, chaos bolt nerf nice perfect, hand of freedom nerf Nice! was necessary. i swear to god blizz read my mind.

Last edited by Sederinn on Wed May 27, 2009 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gallowyn
Officer
Gallowyn

3.1.3 Patch Notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3.1.3 Patch Notes   3.1.3 Patch Notes EmptyWed May 27, 2009 12:34 pm

Sederinn wrote:
hell yea, the rogue buff (they needed it)

It has to be said: rogues need buffs!

This new version of Overkill gives Assassination rogues a mini-Adrenaline Rush. Finally we get a useful dps CD, even if it's tied to our aggro dump, so I won't feel so useless when Valdr asks the dpsers to blow all CDs.
Back to top Go down
Talulah

Talulah

3.1.3 Patch Notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3.1.3 Patch Notes   3.1.3 Patch Notes EmptyWed May 27, 2009 1:02 pm

Quote :

Thank GOD. Running away from Shock Blast and dodging Barrage and Avoiding mines, only to run into a Rocket Strike targeting someone else, (which you can't see because of the ground clutter), yah that was just one thing too many to deal with.

Interesting and challenging fight, but a bit TOO challenging, considering he isn't an end-boss. This guy was as tough as Sarth for crying out loud, without the reward.

Miimiron is still going to be a tough fight with a low tolerance for noobness, but the changes pull it more in-line with what it should be, imho.

/sigh If anyone needs buffs it's shaman.

Or perhaps it would be more accurate to say they need to be simplified. I had no problem nipping at the heals of the rogues on the dps charts in Black Temple, but nowadays I feel like I need an extra hand and an extra brain to keep track of my 6 combat cooldowns whle avoiding all the insta-kill damage sources melee have to deal with in Ulduar.
Back to top Go down
http://profiles.friendster.com/95784416
Gallowyn
Officer
Gallowyn

3.1.3 Patch Notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3.1.3 Patch Notes   3.1.3 Patch Notes EmptyWed May 27, 2009 1:10 pm

Quote :
Or perhaps it would be more accurate to say they need to be simplified. I had no problem nipping at the heals of the rogues on the dps charts in Black Temple, but nowadays I feel like I need an extra hand and an extra brain to keep track of my 6 combat cooldowns whle avoiding all the insta-kill damage sources melee have to deal with in Ulduar.

A re-work of your UI and keybinds might help, if that's an issue. I know these are very important for me as a rogue - as you can see from my screenie on the UI thread, I have all the vital info near the centre of the screen so that I can monitor them while watching my positioning. I also have DBM timers around the same place.
Back to top Go down
Naushan
Officer
Naushan

3.1.3 Patch Notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3.1.3 Patch Notes   3.1.3 Patch Notes EmptyWed May 27, 2009 1:13 pm

@Talu, Maybe some mod like Tellmewhen can help. I'm pretty sure you are using Shock and Awe too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nagrand&n=Naushan
Sederinn

Sederinn

3.1.3 Patch Notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3.1.3 Patch Notes   3.1.3 Patch Notes EmptyWed May 27, 2009 1:22 pm

if u need some keybinding suggestions i use q,e,r,f,z,x,c,v,t,g,s-1, s-2, s-3, s-4, s-5, s-6, s-q, s-e, s-r, s-f, s-z, s-x, s-c, s-v, s-t, s-g, f1, f2, f3, f4, f5, f6, if that's not enough u could use the alt modifiers as well. =) or even ctrl modifiers
Back to top Go down
Gallowyn
Officer
Gallowyn

3.1.3 Patch Notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3.1.3 Patch Notes   3.1.3 Patch Notes EmptyWed May 27, 2009 1:27 pm

For melée classes I would recommend using the mouse buttons (including scrollwheel) as keybinds, very useful for dps on the move.
Back to top Go down
Sederinn

Sederinn

3.1.3 Patch Notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3.1.3 Patch Notes   3.1.3 Patch Notes EmptyWed May 27, 2009 1:31 pm

did u just spell melee with a accent...was that on purpose. pls say no
Back to top Go down
Talulah

Talulah

3.1.3 Patch Notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3.1.3 Patch Notes   3.1.3 Patch Notes EmptyWed May 27, 2009 1:46 pm

Yah, I've often wondered if macros would help.

It's taken me an inordinately long time to master my key-bindings (the reason I resisted switching from mouse-clicking so long), but I have an Maelstrom procing and cool-downs ending about 1 per second, faster than my global cooldown. Even the best Enh Shaman (which I certainly do not claim to be, MMO Champion has a best dps per boss thread with attached wws reports in its shaman forms) see a larger drop in dps than other melee classes when the go from static bosses to movement intensive bosses, compared to other melee class.

I think what I need are some macros to reduce the number of buttons to push, or audible alerts on my cooldowns to give me one less thing to look at. The main reason I had trouble seeing the mines on Monday was because of the 7 floating windows surrounding my target zone!

Sometimes less is more. And I'm sure feeling nostalgic for when I had less stuff to deal with.

I got my keybindings set up, using most the ones you mention Sed, it's the time I spend avoiding damage thats causing my dps to drop, I've avoided using mouse buttons, I will try it out over the next week. (OMG more re-training of muscle-memory skills /throw computer out the window.)

I will try to download Tellmewhen and see if it helps. I've seen my dps increasing steadily, but not at the rate I'm aiming for, and a lot of it seems to be the amount of time I spend avoiding dieing when I should be all out dpsing.

Edit: Removed a comment that I didn't want to be misinterpreted.

Last edited by Talulah on Wed May 27, 2009 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://profiles.friendster.com/95784416
Rhodie

3.1.3 Patch Notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3.1.3 Patch Notes   3.1.3 Patch Notes EmptyWed May 27, 2009 3:02 pm

Hey Tal!

If you need help making macros, I'm willing to help. I can say I have a fair knowledge of how to create them.

Just tell me what you want the macro to do and I'll try write one up for you to use.

Also, if you want, post a screenie of your UI and I might be able to suggest some stuff to optimize it. Though you'll probably get more useful tips from other melee classes. Smile

And finally, just to chime in on the mouse clicker vs key binding debate.. I've always been a keybinder. At least for me, it seems like too much work to make my mouse pointer travel all over my screen as I use it 90% of the time to reposition my camera angle to get a better view of a fight.

@Gallowyn:
I tried finding your UI in the UI thread and couldn't find it. I'd like to see your UI.
Back to top Go down
Gallowyn
Officer
Gallowyn

3.1.3 Patch Notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3.1.3 Patch Notes   3.1.3 Patch Notes EmptyWed May 27, 2009 3:52 pm

Oh yeah. I forgot it was posted in the rogue dps thread in the melee forum, not the UI thread.

https://boobs.forumotion.com/melee-dps-f39/rogue-dps-reference-t1229-15.htm
Back to top Go down
Rhodie

3.1.3 Patch Notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3.1.3 Patch Notes   3.1.3 Patch Notes EmptyWed May 27, 2009 4:18 pm

Haha!

You have a separate buff bar for FLASKS!

I guess it's good to know when you're going to WIN right?

I'm looking for a nice and clean way to see tanks and what they have targetted. More often than not my problem is knowing which mob to target as Assist macros are only reliable half the time.
Back to top Go down
Gallowyn
Officer
Gallowyn

3.1.3 Patch Notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3.1.3 Patch Notes   3.1.3 Patch Notes EmptyWed May 27, 2009 4:25 pm

My focus target is always the tank that I am going to assist and Tricks to. I also have all the tanks in the raid pulled out to the right side of my screen, so that as and when necessary (say if the MT goes down and an OT takes over, or when I am switching to the OT's target) I can just switch my focus to any of them easily using my focus macro (switches to mouseover target).
Back to top Go down
Boobsie
Officer
Boobsie

3.1.3 Patch Notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3.1.3 Patch Notes   3.1.3 Patch Notes EmptyWed May 27, 2009 4:56 pm

Hardcore ! hehe..

I have given up on improving on UI, cos for me, it was too labourious with every new patch and new toon, and it makes things more complicated for me somehow. So its default for me baby.

I only focus when im healing, otherwise, I usually pull out the tanks and main heals raid frames. So that when tanks die or pull when mana is low (sometimes Imz does that), i can go to frost mode or tank gear (before going into combat).

Tal, im not sure if you should load up on addons, which sometimes take attention away and adds to "latency" imo. DBM should do fine in telling you stuff. I tend to use raid warning, analytical and gear change addons. I do not use macros (except when targetting stuff in explicit boss encounters) or addons that "help" in dps. I tried it on Freakie, and it made me overly dependent on looking at the bar, and took me away from things that I should be looking at, like flames/mines/adds and boss debuffs, and also not being reliant trains my fingers into casting based on "feel", rather habit.

Have u tried maybe using less addons? That might work Smile
Back to top Go down
Gallowyn
Officer
Gallowyn

3.1.3 Patch Notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3.1.3 Patch Notes   3.1.3 Patch Notes EmptyWed May 27, 2009 5:26 pm

Quote :
audible alerts on my cooldowns to give me one less thing to look at

Audible alerts might be lost in the midst of a fight if you have sound effects turned on, especially with Vent and DBM warnings.

You could try something like a mod like Power Auras Classic to trigger a visual cue instead. Such cues can be translucent and positioned over or near your toon, so that you do not have to look elsewhere.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/powerauras-classic.aspx

I find that it helps to minimise the amount of time that I have to spend looking around my screen for information, which is why my UI has all the key stuff in the middle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

3.1.3 Patch Notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3.1.3 Patch Notes   3.1.3 Patch Notes Empty

Back to top Go down

3.1.3 Patch Notes
Page 1 of 1